LT1-Edit

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:07 PM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
Default LT1-Edit

Folks, I saw a recent mention of LT1-Edit and did a websearch for it and found that it is available from carputing dot com. (notice I did NOT give the link)

When I try to access carputing I get notification that there is malware there. Has anyone successfully accessed the site or is the vendor for LT1-Edit gone and the website been hijacked, etc ?

Thanks !
Old 05-26-2017, 09:44 PM
drcook
Safety Car

FYI, everytime that a response to a thread is posted, even if it is subsequently deleted, a copy of the response goes out to folks that are subscribed to the thread.

So, I saw the responses.

Yes I would have been interested in EFI-Live, as it would work with my Duramax Diesel. Unfortunately EFI-Live does not support 1996 Corvettes. I have known about EFI-Live for a long time, the Duramax is an 04.5, I have owned it for the last 13 yrs.

I looked at Moates and saw their stuff, but I assume, once the link was posted, it was noticed that at the top of the page it says some of the components are not currently available.

SO that doesn't leave much.

I am just curious about LT1-Edit. The more I read about different things, the more I know how it got from there to here. I am catching up on the gasoline performance world. My last performance gasoline fueled vehicle was a 1965 ragtop with a 327 that I built. I understood that.

So back to the original question, has anyone accessed that website above lately or has it been hacked and hijacked ???

And what is LT1-edit. I mostly have seen references around the web that it only supported up through 1995. Was there changes that added support to the 1996 OBDII cars ?

There is the Jet sold interface that was sourced from TunerCat but Jet has a poor rep for customer support. I have even sent them an email weeks ago asking if it would work with later Windows versions (7,8 or 10) and have not even gotten an acknowledgement.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:47 PM
MatthewMiller
Le Mans Master

Received 1,705 Likes on 1,291 Posts

About six months back I went all over the LT1-Edit site with no trouble. So this must be something recent. I have not tried their product, but they do have one of the only two options for tuning our 96 bastard-child cars (we have the only OBD2 C4s, but it's a version that doesn't work with the newer software options like EFI-Live or HP Tuners...dammit!). The previous owner of my car (MSR on this site) did use it years ago, but said the diagnostic test settings were not completely worked out (that is, being able to set various tests to not do their tests and not report). Plus, I think you only get one VIN code's worth of license with the initial purchase, and you pay another $100 or so for each additional license.

I did buy and have good luck with the Jet DST package. You get four VINs with it, and the diagnostic test are fully configurable (important for passing inspections with mods!). I actually had very good customer support from them. The first one I bought had the serial port interface, and required a serial-to-USB adapter. For some reason, it wouldn't communicate with the car (I was able to confirm that my adapter was working properly). I emailed them and went over all the checks and fixes I'd tried. They didn't waste my time - they said that I'd already done everything they would have suggested I try, and so they sent me a shipping label and swapped it out. They looked at it and said it was acting strange, and shipped me a new one with a USB interface (I think the box just has the serial converter built in). It has worked perfectly, and they've answered a couple questions about settings promptly. So FWIW, I recommend it.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:34 AM
drcook
Safety Car

Thank you
Old 10-11-2017, 06:17 PM
NASCAR314
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Jet DST package

Any luck? drcook? did you go with the "Jet DST package"? Looks like we are all in the same boat here, with 96 C4's
Old 10-11-2017, 09:24 PM
drcook
Safety Car

still debating. having to replace the central air components set back plans for this year. the joys of home ownership.

but probably I will go with that

Get notified of new replies

To LT1-Edit

Quick Reply: LT1-Edit