C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

40th Value

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 11:47 AM
rcssr
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 40th Value

Looking for opinions as to the value and venue that I should sell my car. I bought it in late 94 with 7K and it now has 35k. No issues and looks/runs perfect, spent most of its life sitting in the garage. Now i have to leave it outside under a cover, which is killing me. It is a 40th Ruby Red Convertible Lt1 Automatic. Pictures are unnecessary to the folks reading this I'm sure. New top 6 months ago because of the back window. Last year I did the opti-shuffle as I call it. New opti,water pump,coil,cap,wires,and mass air flow (long story). I am not looking to get more than it's worth but I don't know what a fair price is because of the wild price swings I have seen. So I'm asking what is the right price and where is the best place to offer it? Yes I know the saying about opinions
Thanks, Bob Smith
Old 07-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 553 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by rcssr
Looking for opinions as to the value and venue that I should sell my car. I bought it in late 94 with 7K and it now has 35k. No issues and looks/runs perfect, spent most of its life sitting in the garage. Now i have to leave it outside under a cover, which is killing me. It is a 40th Ruby Red Convertible Lt1 Automatic. Pictures are unnecessary to the folks reading this I'm sure. New top 6 months ago because of the back window. Last year I did the opti-shuffle as I call it. New opti,water pump,coil,cap,wires,and mass air flow (long story). I am not looking to get more than it's worth but I don't know what a fair price is because of the wild price swings I have seen. So I'm asking what is the right price and where is the best place to offer it? Yes I know the saying about opinions
Thanks, Bob Smith
Wrong! Pictures spark interest. More the better
Old 07-25-2017, 12:49 PM
mickey5
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts

The latest Mecum auction showed that that C4 is still in the dumps with several selling in the 6-8K range. A Ruby Vert with 35K miles should be worth more than the current market supports. If you don't need the dollars and your young enough put it in storage until the market improves or you change your mind. Take it out on nice summer days to enjoy what kept you enthralled with it for so many years.

I sold my ZF6 Vert that I bought new a couple of years ago and last year had the opportunity to by it back. This time I'll give it to my son when the time is right.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts

It has to be worth at least $10k with those low miles and the nice upkeep. I would ask more to allow for negotiations and if $10k is acceptable to you, then it's a win-win for you and the buyer who will get a sweet ride. Here's a few listings on ebay just for grins that may compare somewhat to what you own. One with even lower miles and one with a bit higher. I personally like Autotrader as it avoids the juveniles playing with the listings on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Chevrol...ZZZsiB&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Chevrol...ZZc5t0&vxp=mtr
Old 07-25-2017, 06:20 PM
rcssr
Intermediate

Default Pictures

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
Wrong! Pictures spark interest. More the better
I understand your feelings but they are all identical. Pictures show flaws and damage and issues if present. Mine has none. Thanks for your response though
Old 07-25-2017, 06:25 PM
warrior4jesus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks, Bob Smith
I'm not sure what your getting at but it would seem that you just want to create some hype about your car saying it's so perfect and all and no pics. I say pics or it isn't true. What if your buyer were on this forum. Now that being said there is No way your car has not 1 single scratch or swirl mark or imperfection of any kind. Pics Pics Pics Pics.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:56 PM
rcssr
Intermediate

Default Right price

Originally Posted by NC96CE
It has to be worth at least $10k with those low miles and the nice upkeep. I would ask more to allow for negotiations and if $10k is acceptable to you, then it's a win-win for you and the buyer who will get a sweet ride. Here's a few listings on ebay just for grins that may compare somewhat to what you own. One with even lower miles and one with a bit higher. I personally like Autotrader as it avoids the juveniles playing with the listings on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Chevrol...ZZZsiB&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Chevrol...ZZc5t0&vxp=mtr
Thank you for all that, I'll check it out I agree about Ebay I know my car is not worth 35K but I would not give it away for 10 regardless of how C4's are beaten up. I will put it in a garage and forget I own it until that changes. I do find it ironic that in the Corvette Museum of the most iconic and/or significant Corvettes my 40th Convertible is one of that small group. Maybe I should ask them if they would like to replace theirs with mine that didn't fall in a sink hole😂
Old 07-25-2017, 07:23 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I understand your feelings but they are all identical. Pictures show flaws and damage and issues if present. Mine has none. Thanks for your response though
If I was shopping for a new car, I'd want to see pictures. Good luck with storing it rather than getting what you can for it now. Lot's tried this with their C4's and look at the result
Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

I've had literally little interest in my Ruby Red z07. Asking 8,700 with 82k miles. Lotta new stuff, I mean a lot. Why don't I sell it to all the lowballers? It's because I don't see C4s at low prices unless they are high mile cars needing attention. Like you, I will not give mine away either. Why? Because let them go buy a cheap one and sink lotta $ into it.
The following users liked this post:
rcssr (07-26-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 11:57 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Your loss if you refuse to post pix. It only takes one curious looker.
Just sayin'
Old 07-26-2017, 07:46 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Default opti

Thanks, Bob Smith
What manufacture opti did you use?
Old 07-26-2017, 07:47 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

What manufacture opti did you replace with and water pump?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:16 AM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Taking your word on condition, I would list it for between $12k-15k and see what happens... I don't think you will get more than that no matter what.
rcssr (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 81c3
Taking your word on condition, I would list it for between $12k-15k and see what happens... I don't think you will get more than that no matter what.
I agree with this asking price range as well. Just depends what rcssr wants as bottom dollar. He indicated $10k is too low. I think it's too low too if it's a really nice example with a new top. That top wasn't cheap. Finding a buyer right now in the summer is excellent timing. Low mileage convertibles appeal this time of year. Good luck with the sale!
rcssr (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 09:14 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

10-12k its not a collector and its an old car
Old 07-26-2017, 12:05 PM
rcssr
Intermediate

Default Opti

Originally Posted by fake
What manufacture opti did you replace with and water pump?
Delco OEM
Old 07-26-2017, 12:30 PM
rcssr
Intermediate

I want to thank everyone who responded. I can't figure out how to attach a picture. I downloaded one to the advanced section but I can't find a way to attach it to a post

Get notified of new replies

To 40th Value

Old 07-26-2017, 12:50 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

When you are posting a new message you click the icon one from the right that says Insert Image. Then the easiest thing to do is drag and drop them from your Pictures folder and once done click the Insert button.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:52 PM
warrior4jesus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I want to thank everyone who responded. I can't figure out how to attach a picture. I downloaded one to the advanced section but I can't find a way to attach it to a post
Using the advanced reply feature and not quick reply you will notice a paperclip icon right next to a white smiley face up in the options area. This is the area you would change your font or italicize and whatnot. If you click on the paperclip you will notice that it opens up an additional window that says manage attachments. there will be a lot of buttons that say choose file. each one allows you to upload a picture to the forum from your computer. once you have as many files listed as you want then you will see another button to click and it says upload in the bottom right of that box. click on that and wait for another box to show up that says current attachments. this will be right below the box that says upload file from a URL. Once that is there you can go back to the window that you were originally writing your post in and click on the paperclip icon again and you will notice that your file is listed at the bottom of the drop down window. Click on your file and it will add it into your message wherever your text cursor is at in the message. I really hope this helps you as I would love to see such an extraordinary example of c4 beauty.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

just copy and paste it

Quick Reply: 40th Value