C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Seat motor passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:45 AM
rappini
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Seat motor passenger side

Seat motor makes a grinding noise like gears aren't meshing correctly.
I seem so remember some time ago where I had removed just the cushion that would expose the motor so I could check it out. My Haines manual only mentions taking the whole seat out even the tracks. Before I start yanking on things I thought I check it out with brain central?

While I'm at it, I'm thinking of changing the passenger side sun visor, my question is should I do both at the same time or just the one that needs it. Granted it's $99 versus $159,?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I would do them both but first why are you replacing them? If it's because they are floppy just cut the seam slide a piece of plastic in there and re sew the seam. Money saved.

As for the seat, yes remove the pad and you will see the under pinnings. You will need to remove the seat to actually do anything with them though.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:23 PM
kael
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 230 Likes on 189 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

When the gears sound grindy, is the seat already as far as it can go in that direction? Worth checking the simple.

For removal, you can take just the top part of the seat off and leave the power track in place, look for some screws around the perimeter after removing the bottom seat cushion.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:33 PM
rappini
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidmagic
I would do them both but first why are you replacing them? If it's because they are floppy just cut the seam slide a piece of plastic in there and re sew the seam. Money saved.

As for the seat, yes remove the pad and you will see the under pinnings. You will need to remove the seat to actually do anything with them though.
Thanks for the information I'll give it a try.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat motor passenger side

Quick Reply: Seat motor passenger side