C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Factory alarm programming ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 12:57 PM
MRPVette
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Factory alarm programming ?

I have a 95 corvette and just recently replaced the drivers door pin switch as the switch was missing when I got it,anyway it automatically arms itself after I close the door and it is driving me crazy when parked in the garage and every time I open the door it goes off. anyone know how to program it?
Old 09-22-2017, 04:09 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Here is the owner's manual for your car:

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...tte_owners.pdf

Read all of it. Your question is answered on pages 2-3 through 2-13.

You're welcome
Old 09-22-2017, 04:20 PM
MRPVette
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by DGXR
Here is the owner's manual for your car:

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...tte_owners.pdf

Read all of it. Your question is answered on pages 2-3 through 2-13.

You're welcome
Thanks
Old 09-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Iexpedite
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MRPVette
I have a 95 corvette and just recently replaced the drivers door pin switch as the switch was missing when I got it,anyway it automatically arms itself after I close the door and it is driving me crazy when parked in the garage and every time I open the door it goes off. anyone know how to program it?
That doesn't sound like normal operation. My 96 arms with the PKE which also locks the doors. To get back in I have to use my key (or PKE fob) to unlock it. If I reach in through a window to open the door the alarm sounds. I wonder if your switch was missing because your system isn't operating properly.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:03 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by MRPVette
There is no programming for the factory alarm. And how do you know it "arms itself"? The alarm should only be active when the doors are locked. It should arm itself when you close the door if you used the electric switch to lock the doors. It should not arm if the doors are unlocked. Are you using the factory PKE fob (that would lock the doors when you walked away from the vehicle, unless the fob is inside the car somewhere, which is not a good idea)? It should never go off when you open the door unless the door was locked and you opened the door without unlocking with the key or factory fob.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory alarm programming ?

Quick Reply: Factory alarm programming ?