C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Shifter brake interlock- 94 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:08 AM
auggy
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Shifter brake interlock- 94 coupe

Well the mornings are starting to get chilly and sure enough that's when that little pad on the shifter doesn't want to move. For some reason cold weather is a trigger and one day I fear it will not move at all. I have read where some people try to remove or replace it which might be overkill. I seem to remember that someone sprayed a lubricant or solvent near/on the solenoid or linkage. If anyone knows what to use and where to spray, I would be most appreciative. Thanks
Old 09-30-2017, 12:12 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by auggy
Well the mornings are starting to get chilly and sure enough that's when that little pad on the shifter doesn't want to move. For some reason cold weather is a trigger and one day I fear it will not move at all. I have read where some people try to remove or replace it which might be overkill. I seem to remember that someone sprayed a lubricant or solvent near/on the solenoid or linkage. If anyone knows what to use and where to spray, I would be most appreciative. Thanks
You are right, it will get harder and harder, and is worse in cold weather.
The fix is remove the solenoid. Problem solved. A lubricant solution is just temporary.

Quick Reply: Shifter brake interlock- 94 coupe