C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bosch EV14

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 02:50 PM
RWDsmoke
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Default Bosch EV14

I have not heard much about Bosch EV14's on this forum so after I bought a set and ran them for about a year I am going to share my experience with them. They are new, not "rebuilt" and come with full documentation including flow rates at different pulse widths, and voltage offsets.

I know most people like their Bosch 3's, but I've had two sets and while they worked great while accelerating and cruising, not so good at low speed. I even sent one set in to have them checked and the report said they were matched within 1%. After trying hundreds of different combinations of timing and fueling I could not get my car to run as smooth as it should under 1200 RPM'S. Blm's and wide band both indicated fuel was correct. Driving in stop and go traffic on a hot day was very annoying, to the point I was not driving my car as much as I normally would. Finally bought new Bosch EV14's. Day and night difference. I love my car again, My idle and light throttle operation is so much smoother.

I've never had much luck with rebuilt anything, including fuel injectors. This is a much newer design than the Bosch 3 and they are compatible with ethanol. These are not drop in, the smallest i've seen is 35#. They cost more than rebuilt of course but in my opinion, well worth the money. I only wish I had the money back I spent on other things trying to solve my idle problem.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:28 AM
jetskibruce
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RWDsmoke
I have not heard much about Bosch EV14's on this forum so after I bought a set and ran them for about a year I am going to share my experience with them. They are new, not "rebuilt" and come with full documentation including flow rates at different pulse widths, and voltage offsets.

I know most people like their Bosch 3's, but I've had two sets and while they worked great while accelerating and cruising, not so good at low speed. I even sent one set in to have them checked and the report said they were matched within 1%. After trying hundreds of different combinations of timing and fueling I could not get my car to run as smooth as it should under 1200 RPM'S. Blm's and wide band both indicated fuel was correct. Driving in stop and go traffic on a hot day was very annoying, to the point I was not driving my car as much as I normally would. Finally bought new Bosch EV14's. Day and night difference. I love my car again, My idle and light throttle operation is so much smoother.

I've never had much luck with rebuilt anything, including fuel injectors. This is a much newer design than the Bosch 3 and they are compatible with ethanol. These are not drop in, the smallest i've seen is 35#. They cost more than rebuilt of course but in my opinion, well worth the money. I only wish I had the money back I spent on other things trying to solve my idle problem.

I am curious, is your car running a stock ecu and program, or has it been tuned?
Old 11-26-2017, 12:36 AM
alankb
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

following
Old 11-26-2017, 01:13 PM
RWDsmoke
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

There is nothing stock on my car. I even call it a junk yard dog. The motor is a ZZ430 clone with an Edelbrock pro-flo intake. I'm now using an EBL Flash ECM.

This is a year round daily driver. Winter in San Antonio lasts 3 or 4 days sometimes. I've had this car almost 15 years and plan on keeping it in the family for many more. I will pay more for parts that last longer.

I started this thread because after all my research looking for injectors, I liked what I read about the EV14's but found nothing from people that are using them. I called DeatschWerks and they were able to give me all the information I needed. Tuning is so much easier if you have all of the correct information about your injectors to start with.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:55 AM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Last spring I sent my bosch 3's and 4's in to be checked. The 3's flow rate was around .248 and the 4's were around .298. So I put the 3's back in my '93 lt1 to get better mileage. Not sure what the flow rate was for the multecs but heard they were in the same range as the 3's. One question I do have is what is the replacement injector for the zr1 lt5 engine?
Old 11-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Cjunkie
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by scotth48
Last spring I sent my bosch 3's and 4's in to be checked. The 3's flow rate was around .248 and the 4's were around .298. So I put the 3's back in my '93 lt1 to get better mileage. Not sure what the flow rate was for the multecs but heard they were in the same range as the 3's. One question I do have is what is the replacement injector for the zr1 lt5 engine?
Old Ford 5.0 19lb Injector that we threw out new by the dozens lol!
Old 12-02-2017, 09:47 PM
odxr
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have some pink Bosch 3’s in my 87 that came out of a Volvo.The car runs very well.I forget the Bosch number but the flow rates are easy to look up by the 9 digit part # on the injector.

Get notified of new replies

To Bosch EV14

Quick Reply: Bosch EV14