C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Another headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 08:03 AM
Gatorlaw
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Another headlight question

88 c4. My headlights go up and down but they continue to click after reaching full up or down. I just ordered the bushings as that seems to be the fix but wondering if i need gears as well? Not sure i do since they go up and down but wanted to double check with you experts. Thanks ok advance!
Old 04-20-2018, 04:01 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

About 99% of the time it is just the bushings. If they still seem to be moving it is just the 3 plastic buttons. I ordered on line and got a new gasket too on my 93. I see they had them in stock at O'Rieley's as well. Made by Dorman.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:12 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatorlaw
88 c4. My headlights go up and down but they continue to click after reaching full up or down. I just ordered the bushings as that seems to be the fix but wondering if i need gears as well? Not sure i do since they go up and down but wanted to double check with you experts. Thanks ok advance!
I'm not an expert but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Does that count?

I bought the bronze gears simply because I didn't want the assembly apart and find I needed the gear. I chose bronze because I wasn't sure how much longer they were going to support the older cars. I kept my gears as spares. Fast Forward to some day where I was probably sorting out my old stuff and happened to notice a hairline crack on the gear. Wouldn't show up unless you were looking with a bright light.

Get notified of new replies

To Another headlight question

Quick Reply: Another headlight question