C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Exhaust Headers Video: Before, After, Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Admrl94
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Exhaust Headers Video: Before, After, Acceleration

I read the forum religiously but haven't posted in years - and finally thought I'd post a few videos of before and after my exhaust work. I've had the standard Corsa catback for 13 years, and last spring (2017) I finally pulled the trigger on long tube headers.

I have a '94 LT1 auto with the 2.59 gears (ugh on the 2.59s). My new setup is ARH 1 3/4" long tube headers (3" system; catless) with X-pipe feeding into Corsa mufflers; also the SLP cold air intake. It SCREAMS at WOT but is still remarkably quiet when just cruising. The only remnants of my Corsa system are the mufflers which do an amazing job of reducing drone. It pops and gurgles when you let off the gas at certain speeds, but not too much where it would be annoying. After 1 year of driving it I have absolutely no regrets and wish I would've done it sooner...totally changes the feel and experience of driving the car!

Knowing how hard it is to hear different combinations, I wanted to capture three scenarios:

1. Before: cold startup and idle with just Corsa which everyone already knows, but at least you'll hear mine in the same environment
2. After: with long tubes, X-pipe, Corsa mufflers - same startup and idle
3. After: my new setup letting her rip and then cruise along

To get the Acceleration video, I didn't have a GoPro handy but duct taped my cell phone to my license plate just to test the video quality. There really isn't any wind noise and it gives you a very good sense for the new sound. This is the piece that I could never find online: someone with the setup that I wanted and being able to hear good comps. I don't have video editing software and have been putting this off for a year, so I just uploaded what I had

What do y'all think of the sound?

Here you go....

Video 1 (Before - startup & idle)

Video 2 (After - startup & idle)

Video 3 (After - acceleration)

Quick Reply: Exhaust Headers Video: Before, After, Acceleration