Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Found ABS problem, now the cure?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:29 PM
SuperDave02
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Found ABS problem, now the cure?

Got the Kent Moore hooked up tonight, it cycled the pump and said chk LF sensor, upon checking I found the cable cut under the car. OHM tested the sensor, Good. .997. Now can anyone tell me where that cable comes from a wire loom? I dont see any hanging wires. Maybe I can find a car I get get someone to cut one far enough back to wire into my car.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:23 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

You don't mention the year of car, but as far as wheel sensors go on my 86, the wires plug into the harness about 15"-18" from where the sensor is mounted in the hub. Look for something dangling under the car.

There are no new sources for mine, and yours looks different than what I have but I'd suspect you may be in the same boat. You'll have to find a used one if my suspicions are correct.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

AGAIN YEAR MATTERS Create a signature if you've multiple cars or add to your profile or something! I'd think at some point you'd 'get it'!

If you learn to read and use the FSM you shouldn't have issues. Enough information is actually there!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:42 AM
SuperDave02
Racer

87, the part I need is the male side of the plug that is under the car, the sensor plugs into it. I didn’t see a hanging wire near the plug. There is a wire loom that goes near it. I think I might have to pull that apart and see if there is a wire In there that might be the one. And get the male side from another car that will have enough wire to reconnect it. That sensor is only thing the scanner said to chk. The sensor is good. Just need to plug it in.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:22 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

I might consider finding the correct wires in the loom and improve the connector type at the connector where they join. There should be way better weather proof connectors available.

Your issue is the 'under-car' connector as seen in this thread. NOT YOUR LOCATION BUT SAME COUPLING/CONNECTOR TYPE.

Perhaps you snag a snapshot from this thread someone will accommodate you that's parting a car. You need to provide them with wire length required.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-sensors.html

Your snapshot was somewhat deceptive I think until you explained a bit more thoroughly!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-24-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:41 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Need some clarification - is it the end that goes into the knuckle or where it plugs into the wiring that's broken? I took it to be on the knuckle end but that photo is unlike anything I've seen.

If it's the wire where it plugs into the wiring harness, I've seen cutoffs on ebay before. If it's where it fits into the knuckle, all I've seen is used replacements and those are hard to find.

I don't know what picture is of, it doesn't look like either ends of the abs sensors on mine and that's only 1 year off yours.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperDave02
I have the entire ABS harness available from an '89 I'm taking apart...not sure if they're the same 87-89...
Old 05-03-2018, 03:27 AM
SuperDave02
Racer

Default Update

Got a connector from Dino, After reading all the bad things about this guy, I have nothing but good to say about them, Installed it today. Havent driven yet, Hopefully this weekend. Hope to hear that pump cycle as soon as I get off the driveway.

Get notified of new replies

To Found ABS problem, now the cure?

Quick Reply: Found ABS problem, now the cure?