Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 05:55 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

$0 for repairs. My lawyer only takes a retainer from the medical portion but also takes care of getting the repairs handled, so I haven’t paid anything yet. Since the other lady’s insurance is taking care of my car and medical, I’m unsure how much I’ll have to pay the lawyer at this point - I haven’t heard anything from my lawyer or insurance regarding medical expenses yet. But I had to get an MRI and see a chiropractor for two months... hopefully my bill won’t be too high.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:21 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Glad to see you got the car back and are satisfied with the work done. Looks really nice!
Old 08-06-2018, 05:50 AM
BigDogYoop
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lucidardor
Same law here in Nevada. But only an idiot would break check somebody - especially in a tiny plastic car! I'm more upset that my car has never been in a collision and still wears the factory original paint - even on the rear bumper. It really pisses me off.
Good Luck to you Brother, I understand being pissed about car was original, I just bought a 84 because it is all original @ 80K (not showy) but real clean, I've alway's liked saying a 30yr+ car is all original, I wish the best for ya, and pay attention to your back (from a guy w/3 spine surg's), sometimes it's day's before you realize there's a problem.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:01 AM
L.V. Vette
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It took 2 months, but they fixed it. In the end it was just over $2500 in damage. The shop did a great job of matching the paint.

Car looks sharp! Sorry to hear about your story. I’m in Clark county as well and had a woman total my car. Because I didn’t claim injury on the spot to the police, they didn’t give her a citation. Btw, which body shop did you use?
Old 08-09-2018, 05:43 AM
BigDogYoop
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by L.V. Vette

Car looks sharp! Sorry to hear about your story. I’m in Clark county as well and had a woman total my car. Because I didn’t claim injury on the spot to the police, they didn’t give her a citation. Btw, which body shop did you use?
Damn, hard to believe a person rear ends a car and don't get a ticket, If I did that I would expect a ticket, good Luck to you and car.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:29 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

Originally Posted by L.V. Vette

I went to Express Collision - they specialize in Corvettes. The guy there was honest and open about everything, which I appreciate. And they seemed to have done a good job. They had a '62 in their shop torn all the way down to just a sanded down body, and he was very knowledgeable about the C4s.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:52 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

good luck trying to match the paint.\
Old 08-09-2018, 07:00 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
good luck trying to match the paint.\
Nice car! They matched it perfectly! You can't even tell it's been resprayed back there - they did an amazing job.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:48 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

Update - it looks like the police DID cite her after all. I received a phone call from the prosecuting attorney in Henderson - they asked for photos, and sent me a subpoena to appear in court. Apparently, she showed up to her court date and pleaded innocent instead of paying the fine. I just don't get people - hasn't she already inconvenienced me enough? How can people be so damn selfish and inconsiderate of others?
Old 08-16-2018, 08:16 AM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Update - it looks like the police DID cite her after all. I received a phone call from the prosecuting attorney in Henderson - they asked for photos, and sent me a subpoena to appear in court. Apparently, she showed up to her court date and pleaded innocent instead of paying the fine. I just don't get people - hasn't she already inconvenienced me enough? How can people be so damn selfish and inconsiderate of others?
Its very unfortunate, but this is the new way of thinking. Its a "me" state of mind that we live in now.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:55 AM
JasonAndrew
Safety Car

Received 270 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stVetteFinally
It's the same way here in VA, even if you brake check the person. I live in the country, where there is plenty of wildlife ranging from 1 lb to +150 lbs, not to mention livestock. If an animal jumps out in front of you, what's the difference between slamming the brakes for that or slamming the brakes for a brake check. No matter how it happens, if you are rear-ended in VA, it's the other persons fault for following too close (unless you do something like cutting off someone and immediately slam the brakes. But even then, the cops are going to want either a witness to some kind of proof that that happened).
Brake check , really? If you do **** like this, you are as bad as any criminal. You know you can actually pull over, and let somebody pass if you're not comfortable with their following distance. True story.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended