C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Charity Car show on August 11th

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:27 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Default Charity Car show on August 11th

I'm co-sharing a charity car show at 7:00 PM on August 11th at Village Chevrolet in Wayzata, Mn. If you're in the area, come on out for a great evening of all kinds of cars, food and drink available on site (for purchase), a raffle with a wide range of items and a fun night for all.
It should be a fun night for all and the money raised goes to the Spina Bifida Association of Minnesota, so it's going to a good cause.

Bring your friends, bring your family, but most important bring your money. There's a lot of great stuff in the raffle and I'm sure there's something in there you'd love to win!

If you can, come by and enjoy the evening.
Attached Images

Last edited by hcbph; 08-07-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Bckmstr
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice!
Old 08-07-2018, 03:20 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,948 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Very nice! Unfortunately, I'll be in the Twin Cities later in the month and will miss this one. I noticed that the Maryland Free State club not far from me, has/had Spina Bifida as its choice of charities to give to as well.

Good luck with the show!
Old 08-07-2018, 11:37 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AORoads
Very nice! Unfortunately, I'll be in the Twin Cities later in the month and will miss this one. I noticed that the Maryland Free State club not far from me, has/had Spina Bifida as its choice of charities to give to as well.

Good luck with the show!
I believe in the Pay It Forward principle. Do something today for someone else and some day it will come back to you. Whether it's a charity, a group or an individual, do something nice for someone. I don't have anyone in my family with Spina Bifida, but that's not important. The important thing is to try and help someone in some way. You'd be surprised how good it makes you feel, and that's all the payment you need IMO.

Last edited by hcbph; 08-08-2018 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-09-2018, 02:21 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

If you're still undecided, know there are several cash prizes in the raffle. Who doesn't like money?
Old 08-10-2018, 04:13 PM
TOM65 L76 96 LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Will try to make it bring the dark purple 96 roadster.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:01 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TOM65 L76 96 LT1
Will try to make it bring the dark purple 96 roadster.
Love to see you there! Gate opens at 6:30 PM. If you get there early, come in from the east on the frontage road. Police hassled exhibitors last year that were waiting on the south side of the frontage road. I'm told by the dealership the police will leave people waiting to come in alone if they're on the north side, won't risk blocking the intersection down from the dealership. Just to be different, I'm leaving the 86 home and bringing the T-bird ;-0

Remember to buy a lot of raffle tickets, there's some really good stuff that will be in the drawings. Let us know if you win and what it is.

Last edited by hcbph; 08-10-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:27 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Last night we had our 28th Annual Cars Under the Stars charity car show. It will take the weekend to get the official tally in but seat-of-the-pants results: more cars, more spectators and more raffle tickets sold over last year!

We had so many folks show up, whether showing a car or acting as spectators; we had quite a crowd last night. Everyone seemed to enjoy the cars, the music and the raffle. Did I mention the food was good too?
The quality of the cars impressed the heck out of me: the oldest I believe was a Ford Model T and the newest was a 2019 ZR1. We had the Village Chevrolet main lot filled to overflowing with such a range of vehicles. Whether you are into any of the big three you were covered. We also had a showing of foreign vehicles so whatever your taste, you should have been able to wet it.

The weather was good, the vehicles and people were fantastic. I'd like to thank those that came to the show for your participation and know that you've done something special to those with Spina Bifida.

Thank you again and hope to see you there next year.

Last edited by hcbph; 08-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 PM
TerryOlson
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't find your post, or the club Facebook page until the 12th! I've liked the page and I'll follow the events calendar.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:14 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TerryOlson
I didn't find your post, or the club Facebook page until the 12th! I've liked the page and I'll follow the events calendar.
Too bad you missed it, it was a great evening and would have loved to have you there! If you want to check a non-show event, check out the Fall Color Run in October though it's for Corvettes only. We spend a couple of days driving around the Wisconsin countryside, based out of La Crosse. You'll meet several hundred Vette owners and it's great event. I'll tell you though the big thing right now would be to find a motel room anywhere in the area. In fact as I was checking out of the motel last year, I made reservations for this year just to insure I have a room.
You can see some pictures from last years event at: http://suburbancorvettesofminnesota.com/fall-color-run/
We've had people from all regions of the US and Canada too.

I think this is my 5th year and I love it.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:27 PM
TerryOlson
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hcbph
Too bad you missed it, it was a great evening and would have loved to have you there! If you want to check a non-show event, check out the Fall Color Run in October though it's for Corvettes only. We spend a couple of days driving around the Wisconsin countryside, based out of La Crosse. You'll meet several hundred Vette owners and it's great event. I'll tell you though the big thing right now would be to find a motel room anywhere in the area. In fact as I was checking out of the motel last year, I made reservations for this year just to insure I have a room.
You can see some pictures from last years event at: http://suburbancorvettesofminnesota.com/fall-color-run/
We've had people from all regions of the US and Canada too.

I think this is my 5th year and I love it.
I'll look into it - thanks much!
Old 08-14-2018, 07:44 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TerryOlson
I'll look into it - thanks much!
PS the profits from the Fall Color Run also goes to the Spina Bifida Assoc of Mn.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:35 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Finally got some pictures from the show off the cell phone The picture were taken early, I'm not sure we even had officially started the show yet. Last year I was so busy I didn't even get a chance to walk through the cars, this time I made sure I got a chance to see some. By the time we got all the cars in, the lot was overflowing over normal capacity. There were not open parking spots once everyone was parked.

The wife needed a step ladder to get in and out of this one.

Last edited by hcbph; 08-18-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Charity Car show on August 11th

Quick Reply: Charity Car show on August 11th