C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Securing luggage or loose items in a C4

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Haggisbash
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 198 Posts

Default Securing luggage or loose items in a C4

Just wondering what any owners out there do with gear they are carrying if it won't fit in the storage compartment? Seems that other than the holding brackets for the roof there is little to secure items in the back of a C4. Do you trust that the cover blind is going to stop items flying forward in a frontal crash? Has anyone added extra securing points? It ticks me off a bit that the manufacturers (not just GM ) mention how dangerous unsecured items are in a vehicle in the event of a crash but then mostly offer nothing to use as securing points for say a cargo net or some straps.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:51 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Yes a cargo net would have been an excellent option, even better as standard equipment. For flat tire situations, I understand that the Grand Sport and ZR-1 models (335 rear tire section) came with straps to secure the fat rear tires in the cargo area because they were too wide to fit in the spare tire tray, even when expanded.
Also if you take out the targa top and put it in the notches in the hatch area, it might keep larger stuff from flying forward. LOL JK.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:34 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,453 Likes on 2,805 Posts

I have a cargo net in my c6. It stores medium sized items well enough. I'm sure I could rig up a similar setup for the c4 but never had a need.
The following users liked this post:
Haggisbash (09-15-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 05:02 AM
Bigpoop
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

<<It ticks me off a bit that the manufacturers (not just GM ) mention how dangerous unsecured items are in a vehicle in the event of a crash but then mostly offer nothing to use as securing points for say a cargo net or some straps.>>

Grow a head and use your brain.

Get notified of new replies

To Securing luggage or loose items in a C4

Quick Reply: Securing luggage or loose items in a C4