C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Yoke

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 09:41 PM
sask
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoke

I have a 1988 C4 auto, and need to buy a new front spindle yoke. Anyone can help would be most appreciated
Old 03-21-2019, 09:33 AM
MatthewMiller
Le Mans Master

Received 1,705 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Originally Posted by sask
I have a 1988 C4 auto, and need to buy a new front spindle yoke. Anyone can help would be most appreciated
Not sure what you mean by "front spindle yoke." Are you referring to #1 in the diagram below? That's called the "steering knuckle." If that's what you need, the best bet is to either look at eBay or to post a "want to buy" (WTB) listing in the C4 Parts Classified section.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:21 PM
sask
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoke Drive Shaft 700R4 Auto

Thanks for your reply
Originally Posted by MatthewMiller
Not sure what you mean by "front spindle yoke." Are you referring to #1 in the diagram below? That's called the "steering knuckle." If that's what you need, the best bet is to either look at eBay or to post a "want to buy" (WTB) listing in the C4 Parts Classified section.

Hi, Matthew Thanks for your reply
i was very vague with my question, so sorry. I need the splined yoke at the front drive shaft which slips into the rear extension of the transmission.
I have the 4 speed auto with overdrive.GM Turbo Hydr
amatic 700R4

Old 03-22-2019, 09:41 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

This would be correct (missing dampener) for an A4 C4 Corvette. I'd think if you take these specifications to a 'local' drive-line shop even in AU you can be helped. This one has a correct counter-bore.There's similar available but don't have the counter-bore. There's very likely other vendors for same/similar. Compare these dimensions to what you have 'in-hand'.

https://www.northerndrivetrain.com/p...2-3-9211X.html

This dimensionally is very close missing the 'counter-bore' and could likely be used. Requires your decision.

https://www.northerndrivetrain.com/p...2-3-4911X.html

Measure and compare maybe relying upon a local drive-line shop.

There's likely off-shore similar to the 2-3-4911X that often might sell for $40 or so. I've never used anything other than genuine Spicer.

This maybe if it were available locally branded other than Spicer It would require a cut-off of 1/2" or so to acquire appropriate length with no counter-bore

https://www.northerndrivetrain.com/p...2-3-6081X.html

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-22-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Yoke

Quick Reply: Yoke