Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Solid Roof Panel Separation from Frame Repair??

Old 03-23-2019, 02:33 PM
cimchazz1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Solid Roof Panel Separation from Frame Repair??

Ok, I've spent hours reading and researching postings about headliner and acrylic top repair, but I'm not finding a step by step repair procedure for separating the fiberglass roof from the frame on the non-acrylic hard panel. Mine is lifting up at the rear ever since I drove up a steep driveway at an angle and twisted the body and popped the top. I have the roof off now and I can lift up the back but the front won't break loose and I don't want to "butcher" it trying. There is a 1/8" green gasket of some kind in-between the metal frame and the roof panel. I have the correct #M SMC adhesive. Does anyone have any experience with this? what is the green gasket for? I'm wondering, since the rest of the roof is tight to the frame, if I would be better off just re-gluing the area that has separated instead of risking cracking or breaking the top trying to break it loose from the frame where it is still tightly attached, I'm sure that would probably keep it together? Is there a video of this repair somewhere? Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Solid Roof Panel Separation from Frame Repair??