Where is gas filler

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 10:22 PM
ZHammer
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
ah, but sir. Your liberty to swing your fist ends at my nose. Where my nose extends is where you decide to involve me. You keep wanting me to get involved in your crap, you keep losing rights. It is that simple. When you go live with mom and dad, you live under their roof, get the benefits and pay the price. When you ask the govt to take care of unemployment, you ask them to bribe the companies by playing "one upmanship" to build a factory there to get you jobs but now you pay the price by them taking taxes. You ask govt to take care of your healthcare, they impose rules to limit you eating unhealthy food, etc, etc. Stop asking the govt to take care of things and here is the really difficult part. Refuse what endorse their proposals even when it is beneficial to you. People will want the govt to cut out pork unless it is to their benefit. As a result, we have what we have. Cut the military bases that are unnecessary but not the one in my town since it benefits my economy. Iow, nimby.

this man gets it!
Old 04-11-2019, 11:01 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

for the record im quite libertarian. i dont ask anything of policy other than upholding the rule of law and defense against invasion. most of the snowflakes will have a change of heart when they have children and get out from the parents home. its everthus.

Ah, But Sir. Your liberty to swing your fist ends at my nose. Where my nose extends is where you decide to involve me. You keep wanting me to get involved in your crap, you keep losing rights. It is that simple. When you go live with Mom and Dad, you live under their roof, get the benefits and PAY THE PRICE. When you ask the govt to take care of unemployment, you ask them to bribe the companies by playing "One Upmanship" to build a factory there to get you jobs but now you pay the price by them taking taxes. You ask govt to take care of your healthcare, they impose rules to limit you eating unhealthy food, etc, etc. Stop asking the govt to take care of things and here is the really difficult part. REFUSE WHAT ENDORSE THEIR PROPOSALS EVEN WHEN IT IS BENEFICIAL TO YOU. People will want the govt to cut out pork UNLESS IT IS TO THEIR BENEFIT. As a result, we have what we have. Cut the military bases that are unnecessary BUT NOT THE ONE IN MY TOWN SINCE IT BENEFITS MY ECONOMY. IOW, NIMBY.

Last edited by VikingTrad3r; 04-11-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:03 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

How are you trying to be part of the solution? Would you be able to get enough people to vote against their own selfish interest? Good luck with that. People are basically bad so you'd have to overcome human nature. Would you be a credible enough group to vote against a huge factory plant that will bring jobs to your area to be paid for by public funds even if it brings down your real estate value? Most aren't hence the "Sound and fury, signifying nothing".
the cycle is laid out quite accurately in atlas shrugged. even though its a fictional story.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:09 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,943 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
for the record im quite libertarian. i dont ask anything of policy other than upholding the rule of law and defense against invasion. most of the snowflakes will have a change of heart when they have children and get out from the parents home. its everthus.
I understand. I can see the temptation to take that one more "goodie". One more and no more. This goodie comes and the expense of someone else in another part of town but you don't care. If you did, you'd be unable to enjoy the "goodie". When the ***** removed the scumbag Jews we all hate, did we ask what became of them? Oh, look. We got jobs the Jews used to have, apartments, etc, etc. Where did it come from? Oh, never mind. Enjoy it. Later on, they got paraded into a death camp and everyone was surprised that bad things happen to Jews there. Why? Because they DID NOT WANT TO KNOW how they got the good stuff.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:21 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

im not following you at all Ak.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

From gas filler to PR&C......we'll be on the move soon!
Old 04-12-2019, 08:49 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
im not following you at all Ak.

Simply put. I give you say health care. To pay for it, I take it from someone else who takes it back to you. In the meantime, I can't make ends meet so I reduce risks by curtailing your ability to do stuff I think is detrimental to costs. I tax cigarettes. You don't smoke so WGAS but John, over there does so he gets shafted. You don't care since you are OK in this case. Screw John. We don't like him.

Tomorrow we give John some goodies and pay for it by shafting YOU. Suddenly you care. The cycle repeats. My point is that you keep asking me to do stuff for you that you think is good but someone has to pay a price. Most people don't care or want to know about it so they can sleep well at night nor do they want to admit to being monsters. So we have these situations. One group benefits and another one shafted and so on and on and on.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:29 PM
puterami
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 290 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
2020 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (stock)

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
I have seen these attendants find the gas filler neck easily and take a level of care by working carefully and holding a rag under the spout.
Pumped gas gettin' my butt through college. Did this to vettes as well as Jaguars and any other cars that had the filler where I had to run the spout over the body.
Picked up repeat customers and decent tips because of it.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:17 AM
rblakeney
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DGXR
Drivers are getting dumber. Vehicle owners are getting dumber. Service attendants are getting dumber. The quality of the average human being has taken a sharp decline, and the collective intelligence of our great nation is dropping. And it's our own fault. At least some of us are trying to be part of the solution
Did you see the movie Idiocracy? It should be required by every student.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:22 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rblakeney
Did you see the movie Idiocracy? It should be required by every student.
Law of inertia would suggest that unless you have a way to motivate them otherwise, it is going to be simply a case of me voting myself a raise on the job as per usual.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Hot Rod Roy
Safety Car

Received 536 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
I don't understand the "complaint" in this thread. If the attendant doesn't know where it is, he doesn't know. Once he's told, he'll probably remember forever. I've never driven another Allante in 32 years, but I know where to put gas in one, because I was once told.
I'll bet there's someone here that knows how to put gas in a '56 Chevy, besides me! Who else knows?

The following users liked this post:
car addict (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 05:56 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy
I'll bet there's someone here that knows how to put gas in a '56 Chevy, besides me! Who else knows?

On the roof followed by a match?
Old 04-13-2019, 06:30 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy

lawl. I almost ran a 57 out of gas on a test drive because of their trickery!

Guess I would have had to have it towed back? What else do you do?
Old 04-13-2019, 08:29 PM
CorvetteRules
Drifting

Received 334 Likes on 233 Posts

I don't understand the "complaint" in this thread. If the attendant doesn't know where it is, he doesn't know. Once he's told, he'll probably remember forever. I've never driven another Allante in 32 years, but I know where to put gas in one, because I was once told.
There isn't a complaint, I just thought it was interesting that the young attendants at several of the WAWA stations I use in the area had never pumped gas in a C4 and had to ask.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 AM
Eljay
Burning Brakes

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm in NJ too and they find it after a couple of minutes or if I tell tell them. My complaint is when they close the gas door. I tell them "be careful with the gas door", the guys done and BOOM gas door slams down, I asked you to be careful, "I didn't know it would do that", another guy, BOOM "I didn't know what you meant" finally I get a guy after he's done comes to the window and asks " so what do I have to do to the gas door?" Just lower it gently.
I always pump my own gas in my C3 because the fill hole is about 3" across so you have to stand there and hold nozzle and if it has the vapor recovery sleeve you have to pull that back and hold it for the pump to even work, plus there is a lot more deck to cross. I have NJ QQ "Historic" plates on my '70 and the gas guy in a heavy middle eastern accent says "So THIS is the historic model?" like it's the only one.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Your car, your rules.

That said, I always BOOM my gas door when I'm done filling. Has not hurt the car yet that I can see.

EDIT: changed "THUMP" to "BOOM"

Last edited by Railroadman; 04-14-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

The Fountainhead is another Ayn Rand novel. Same themes, but easier reading than Atlas Shrugged. I've read both, Atlas Shrugged in 1983. I thou8ght it had been written yesterday, not 40 years earlier. Atlas Shrugged is even more applicable to today.
It's almost scary how closely some of that book resembles some of the attitudes and practices of today.
The following users liked this post:
IHBD (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 10:03 AM
confab
Melting Slicks

I can't imagine living in a place like that.. OMZ.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:07 AM
confab
Melting Slicks

Frankly, I'm mildly amazed they still let people service their own vehicles.

Imagine the can of worms you could open there?

Quick Reply: Where is gas filler