C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

93 door panel warped/bowed

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Espy1949
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 93 door panel warped/bowed

hi all, i recently had a pretty bad experience with an aftermarket door panel for the passenger side of my ruby rag top. Realizing that finding a used one in any better shape than mine is unlikely, so i decided to add some hardware that is not visible when the door is closed, and fairly clean looking with the door open. if your panels are in decent condition then this is the fix
all you,'ll need is a 1" -L bracket mounted precisely on the door itself. then fit the panel on and install a couple of the lower screws for proper alignment. then hold your panel in nice and tight on that end and drill right thru to the l bracket. If you can make your own out of flat stock 3/4 - 1" with no holes in it. it would probably work better because you would drill right through the edge of the door into the bracket and form your own hole, where i had to be dead on because i didnt have a means of making my own
so i used a store bought one with a couple of holes. either way simple. on the forward part of the panel

i installed the top screw almost looks like it grew there

nice clean original finish

gm installed the lower screw that we all have
on the black hold it nice and tight and either screw it or use a platic trim button like i did. I also used a black screw and washer because I didn't feel that the plastic screw was the panel tight enough
Old 04-17-2019, 02:23 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Great color; what color is the top?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:41 AM
Espy1949
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default door panels /top color

hi, the top is the same color as the body and interior. gm called it ruby red. - ,(specifically for the 40th anniversary edition) mine has 34000 miles on it.

Get notified of new replies

To 93 door panel warped/bowed

Quick Reply: 93 door panel warped/bowed