Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

horn relay?

Old 05-13-2019, 08:22 AM
Espy1949
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default horn relay?

hi all, recently installed a new battery ( 3 plus years old) 3 months or so later i go out to a dead battery which the day prior when i drove it all was fine. i could hear a slight noise uner the hood. upon opening it i heard a noise faintly coming from my right horn i unplugged it and the noise stopped.
next i jump started the car, reconnected the horn
operated it, took the car for a spin perfect as usual
i got in my garage and decided i',d disconnect the battery overnight. as i remade slight contact with the

ground to battery i could see spark tellin me theres a draw. as im am on and off with the ground i can hear what sounds like a relay clicking up front by the d.s. head light . horn relay? just wondered if anyone had experienced the same.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:28 PM
Kevova
CF Senior Member

Received 359 Likes on 343 Posts

The alarm can arm itself and be triggered when battery is reconnected or charged. It's part of the PKE.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:48 PM
Espy1949
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default relay?

ok is there anything up front driver side associated with the pke ? it came to mind because along with the sound of a relay clicking up by the front driver side, my interior lites were coming on like they would when the pke is operating correctly ( which mine randomly started working again.) its kinda intermittent at times.
i kept searching and discovered by removing the jumbo head light fuse the noise stopped ???
i re installed the fuse took it for a spin with the lights on came back and disconnected my battery and no noise. gonna keep my eye on it. I've done a bunch headlight motor gear rebuilds so no big deal if it happens to be the motor
Old 05-14-2019, 09:32 AM
Kevova
CF Senior Member

Received 359 Likes on 343 Posts

The horn relay is under passenger side of dash. The condition is , IMO, something with UTD activating horn. The lighting fuse is 12v source for horn relay. There maybe a code in CCM. There is a horn in both fenders.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: horn relay?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: