C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Heater control valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 03:26 PM
PatzwaldB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heater control valve

Hi folks, I have a 85 with a leaking heater control valve. I did a search but came up with pages of stuff. Anyone out there know where to get the valve. It looks to be made onto a section of pipe. If I need to I can explore a universal valve a while. It is summer. Time to drive......not work. HELP
Old 05-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Hot Rod Roy
Safety Car

Received 536 Likes on 453 Posts

If you can find the genuine '85 valve, it'll be expensive. I installed a Four Seasons 74800, and it works fine. Some have said the guts of the 74800 will fit into the original valve, but I haven't tried that. All of the hoses are the right diameter, but you'll need longer hoses.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:35 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy
If you can find the genuine '85 valve, it'll be expensive. I installed a Four Seasons 74800, and it works fine. Some have said the guts of the 74800 will fit into the original valve, but I haven't tried that. All of the hoses are the right diameter, but you'll need longer hoses.
"EXPENSIVE" is an understatement - https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-GM-1985...97.m4902.l9144 - repro's are running around $125-$150 -

- replacing the valve and using longer hoses is a quick and easy fix, and will work just fine - . here's a really good thread on the "replacing the guts" subject - https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-corvette.html

still running my original and so far, no leaks. shortly after I saw the above thread, I got the delco control valve called out in the thread and printed off the instructions, and put together a "kit" for a future repair - has to be 10 years now - still in my parts stash. since then , I was lucky enough to find a NOS assembly for a very reasonable price -

BTW, a late thanks and to C4boy for the original write-up!

Last edited by Joe C; 05-20-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Heater control valve

Quick Reply: Heater control valve