Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Pke problems

Old 06-17-2019, 12:38 PM
design god

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pke problems

Hi guys, i have 1996 vette coupe. My pke light would stay on all the time. These are the things i have done so far.

1. Replaced the battery in my fob.
2. I followed the instructions to reset my fob in the owners manual.

Now the light goes off when i turn the ignition off, but the pke light comes on when i start the car and stays on.
My fob still does not work.

Any ideas out there?
Old 06-19-2019, 11:28 AM
RIC96
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Just a guess but I'd disconnect the battery for a few minutes to see if that turns the light off. If it does, try to reprogram the fob.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:35 PM
markKlein
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by design god View Post
Hi guys, i have 1996 vette coupe. My pke light would stay on all the time. These are the things i have done so far.

1. Replaced the battery in my fob.
2. I followed the instructions to reset my fob in the owners manual.

Now the light goes off when i turn the ignition off, but the pke light comes on when i start the car and stays on.
My fob still does not work.

Any ideas out there?
Have you checked the fuses? Not sure what you mean by "reset my fob". If you mean the procedure to program the car to use the fob, and you were able to complete all the steps, then both the fob and the PKE module appear to be working, at least to some extent. Are you able to turn the system on and off? Will it open the hatch (if it's a coupe)?
Old 06-20-2019, 08:53 AM
bac22
CF Senior Member

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Pull the codes...this sounds like your PKE module has failed which is not usual, this is one of those modules that I've seen others have problems with over the years including myself. I had mine failed and if memory serves the PKE light would stay on, bought a used one of ebay and has been fine since.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pke problems

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: