Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

My stock 94 Vette ,6-speed stops running after 5-10 minutes, starts fine..???

Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

My stock 94 Vette ,6-speed stops running after 5-10 minutes, starts fine..???

Old 07-11-2019, 12:07 PM
G .C.94vette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My stock 94 Vette ,6-speed stops running after 5-10 minutes, starts fine..???

I recently purchase a 1994- 6 speed stock Corvette. It ran fine for the first month or so, now it starts fine, but won't run more than 5 to 10 minutes before shutting itself off? I recently changed the battery to see if that would help. I did find there's a short drain somewhere in the car. It worked out to be the headlight motor on the driver side. But there is still a drain that kills the battery if you don't start it every week......
Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM
1993C4LT1
CF Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 332 Posts

That has nothing to do with the battery. Unless the alternator isn't charging. You need to scan for codes. Don't need a code reader. All you need is a paperclip. Google how to do that. Forgot, otherwise i'd tell you.

If no codes, do a fuel pressure test. Easy on these cars. Lift up the passemger side fuel rail cover. And schrader valve will be under the fuel rail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My stock 94 Vette ,6-speed stops running after 5-10 minutes, starts fine..???

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: