C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

My 1986 Baby girl has been getting a make over

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 11:06 AM
yedister
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default My 1986 Baby girl has been getting a make over

I originally went to Moose Mountain Hot Rods to have the exhaust redone and change the remote oil and transmission line replaced. The hoses were the braided rubber line, they were from 2001/2002. I found pin hole leak in the supply braided rubber fuel hose a few years ago when I was changing the lifters to bushed type. Changed the complete fuel system Supply & return to PTFE Braided Smooth Bore Hoses. In the back of my mind, I felt that the remote oil coolers hoses should be changed for my safety. If hot pressured oil comes into contact with hot exhaust. Not something that i want to experience. I had Mark changed them.

He routed them way better that I did!! He is a professional. I Had put bigger and wider tires on front and rear. The rear tires stuck out too much for the look I wanted. There wasn't any fender flare kit that came close to the measurements for the rear. So Mark made them from old C4 Corvette hood. During the fender flare build and mock up another problem, the stock rear body is some type of molded plastic, the fender flares were fiberglass. Fiberglas will not adhere to plastic, so I ordered a new fiberglass rear. Since I was changing some body parts, why not change it to the look I want.

Exhaust

Exhaust

Exhaust

Fiberglass Rear

Front Fender Flares Mock up

Rear Fender Flares Mock up

Rear Fender Flares Mock up with new wheels
Old 04-30-2021, 11:19 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,542 Likes on 3,615 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

[QUOTE=yedister;1603383296]I originally went to Moose Mountain Hot Rods to have the exhaust redone and change the remote oil and transmission line replaced. The hoses were the braided rubber line, they were from 2001/2002. I found pin hole leak in the supply braided rubber fuel hose a few years ago when I was changing the lifters to bushed type. Changed the complete fuel system Supply & return to PTFE Braided Smooth Bore Hoses. In the back of my mind, I felt that the remote oil coolers hoses should be changed for my safety. If hot pressured oil comes into contact with hot exhaust. Not something that i want to experience. I had Mark changed them.

He routed them way better that I did!! He is a professional. I Had put bigger and wider tires on front and rear. The rear tires stuck out too much for the look I wanted. There wasn't any fender flare kit that came close to the measurements for the rear. So Mark made them from old C4 Corvette hood. During the fender flare build and mock up another problem, the stock rear body is some type of molded plastic, the fender flares were fiberglass. Fiberglas will not adhere to plastic, so I ordered a new fiberglass rear. Since I was changing some body parts, why not change it to the look I want.

What with the duel fans, what is there purpose for, and use?
Old 04-30-2021, 12:26 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 182 Posts

[QUOTE=1bdvet;1603383369]
Originally Posted by yedister
I originally went to Moose Mountain Hot Rods to have the exhaust redone and change the remote oil and transmission line replaced. The hoses were the braided rubber line, they were from 2001/2002. I found pin hole leak in the supply braided rubber fuel hose a few years ago when I was changing the lifters to bushed type. Changed the complete fuel system Supply & return to PTFE Braided Smooth Bore Hoses. In the back of my mind, I felt that the remote oil coolers hoses should be changed for my safety. If hot pressured oil comes into contact with hot exhaust. Not something that i want to experience. I had Mark changed them.

What with the duel fans, what is there purpose for, and use?
I see guys putting transmission oil coolers here. Im curious to know too.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:01 PM
yedister
Pro

One is for oil, the other is transmission. The air is cooler back there.

Last edited by yedister; 04-30-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:18 PM
yedister
Pro

C4 Green Wood Mock up

C4 Green Wood Mock up 2

C5 Corvette side panel mock up

Wheel Clearance

Wheel Clearance 1

Wheel Clearance 2

Old 04-30-2021, 03:30 PM
yedister
Pro

This is where it's at as of 2 weeks ago

Old 04-30-2021, 06:29 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,542 Likes on 3,615 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

What's the color, and what kind of engine, and HP?
Old 05-01-2021, 12:11 PM
yedister
Pro

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
What's the color, and what kind of engine, and HP?
Color will be Bronze, it has a 15 degree head 700 HP SBC 434 in it. will be building a 13.5 degree 468 SBC for it.

Get notified of new replies

To My 1986 Baby girl has been getting a make over

Quick Reply: My 1986 Baby girl has been getting a make over