C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

CrossFire Injection project

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 01:23 PM
Mild 2 Wild
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default CrossFire Injection project

We have taken on a side project using a Crossfire injection setup. Usually, people take them off and go with a 4 barrel however due to a You Tuber making a suggestion, we decided to see if we can make it better rather than just replacing it. Below is a link to the video explaining the project and why we went down this rabbit hole. We have a couple other plans for the intake when it is done however if anybody has any suggestions, we are all ears.

Old 04-30-2024, 07:13 AM
ex-x-fire
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 155 Posts

That intake doesn't move enough air for 2 carbs. It's a bottleneck.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:11 AM
Mild 2 Wild
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-x-fire
That intake doesn't move enough air for 2 carbs. It's a bottleneck.
Agree the intake is a big bottleneck and stock flows around 500 CFM. We have a couple things we are going to do to it that will hopefully improve this.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:29 PM
Phobos84
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 371 Posts

20 years ago there were a few people on the Cross Fire Injection forum who used an Offenhauser crossram intake to replace the factory CFI unit. I think it was the 5893. Anyway the rpm range on that thing is up to 7000rpm. I would love to see that project re-done by a shop and not in some guys garage. Not that there's anything wrong with someone being creative and figuring something out. But I would love to see a company put one together. I know they had the throttle bodies bored out and larger blades put in. The linkage was also modified to fit that intake. If I remember the one guy even got the factory air cleaner to work with it.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:33 PM
waynehuff64
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the intake with a Renegade to move more air and kept the dual throttle bodies. The stock heads are also restricted so I replaced the heads as well then opened up the exhaust so the engine can breath. I also changed the cam and lifters.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:11 PM
ex-x-fire
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 155 Posts

This is just a compact version of..

this. All the same connections minus 1 IAC valve. Let's you use any dual or single plane intake you want, so you're not stuck with ancient cross ram intakes with large plenums.
The following users liked this post:
waynehuff64 (05-05-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 10:39 PM
Mrshaund79
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by waynehuff64
I replaced the intake with a Renegade to move more air and kept the dual throttle bodies. The stock heads are also restricted so I replaced the heads as well then opened up the exhaust so the engine can breath. I also changed the cam and lifters.
what heads did you go with?
Old 05-08-2024, 11:38 AM
waynehuff64
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could give you info on he heads. Mine were both cracked so the machine shop researched and came up with heads for it. The heads I have now sit a bit taller so my hood wouldn't latch with the top of the stock air cleaner so I had to build a top and kept the lower part. The intake and exhaust line up with these heads so I don't know where the added height is. I also had to change the rockers.

Get notified of new replies

To CrossFire Injection project

Quick Reply: CrossFire Injection project