Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

How do I remove the shift plate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 01:20 AM
Blakvetty
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do I remove the shift plate?

I have a 96 LT1 and I'm doing some interior work. How does the shift plate come off? Does the center console have to be removed to get the shift plate out? Does the shift **** have to come off too?
Old 04-30-2024, 04:37 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 649 Likes on 423 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Remove be shift **** and start looking for screws. There might be one in the ashtray area under a small plug.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:51 AM
Blakvetty
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
Remove be shift **** and start looking for screws. There might be one in the ashtray area under a small plug.
Can you tell me how to remove the shift ****? There are several videos on YouTube on how to take the shift **** off of a manual transmission shifter but none on how to remove the **** from an automatic transmission.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:26 PM
Hot454
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

I did this recently. 1st pry off the shift button, just use 2 small screwdrivers on the left and right side. It comes up easily. Then there is a snap ring to remove before taking the shift **** off. There is a screw under the front cup holder and 2 under the console door. You do have to remove the console door as well, 4 screws I think.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:31 PM
Blakvetty
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Hot454
I did this recently. 1st pry off the shift button, just use 2 small screwdrivers on the left and right side. It comes up easily. Then there is a snap ring to remove before taking the shift **** off. There is a screw under the front cup holder and 2 under the console door. You do have to remove the console door as well, 4 screws I think.
Thank you very much.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I remove the shift plate?

Quick Reply: How do I remove the shift plate?