C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Do lady vette drivers wave?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Voltech_LT4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (Beautiful Beast)

theres a woman in my area with a nice red C5 that has waved to me before and then another time didnt... I think its just like one of the other members said, they may be deep in thought, playin with the Bose stereo or just not looking at the right time... I dont see many women in vettes around here, but that would be the women I'd like to get together with :yesnod: 2 vettes in the garage, how sweet would that be :D :party:
Old 03-12-2003, 01:13 PM
CorvetteKid1983
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never failed to get a return wave here in MA. Usually other people already have their hand up about 500 feet away anticipating the wave, or atleast move their hand from down low to the windshield and give me a "half wave".

About 90% of the drivers I have waved to are male, and some had a female counterpart in the driver seat who knew the procedure and gave me a wave, but I have seen 3 or 4 solo women who have waved to me too. Two women in a white C5 went balistic waving to me when their top was down (the convertible one :lol: ) on the highway. I thought their arms were going to tear off.

Of course a women, who just purchased a house in my neighborhood, purchased a splitting-image-to-mine '92 arctic white coupe and waves to me all the time.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:39 PM
CNTDRV55
Burning Brakes

I recently moved from the DC area. Plano has WAY too many vettes to get waves. Especially the C5s. They are too common. I get waves from C4s though.

You can't deny the gender angle though. My wife doesn't like me waving to women in ANY car, and she doesn't wave to other 300zx's because she doesn't want them turning around (it happened ONCE).

Not all women feel comfortable waving to strangers (imagine that). :lol:
Old 03-12-2003, 01:39 PM
The Rex
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (CorvetteKid1983)

I had two women in a 94ish red Vert wave at me the other day. I was waiting to get on 75 as they passed & both waved. One of my most "memorable" waves was from a lady in a red C4 not too long ago. I waved as she passed the other way. She was so happy when she saw me wave she waved infaticly & mouthed "nice car". That was really cool. My observation about waving is basically this: There are people who drive a Vette because they love the car, and wave because they enjoy and/or appreciate The American Legend. Then there are others(the majority are C5 owners in my opinion) who just have the car to have "a Vette". I get most of my waves & stoplight conversations from C4 people. I've just about given up waving at C5s. I'm tired of getting snubbed. That's irritating. Oh well. :seeya
Old 03-12-2003, 02:16 PM
rainsux89
Drifting

I've had ladies in a C3 and a C4 wave.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:47 PM
vetteweiser
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'13- '14
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (rainsux89)

I've had one lady wave to me, and she was driving a C5, almost caused me to wreck out of amasment :D
Old 03-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Danno355
Pro

I've had about 70% of the female vette drivers wave. C2, C3 and C4 for sure, but not so much in the C5. :seeya
Old 03-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Steel Blue 91
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (thrills)

:seeya I do!
I wish others would. I wave to the same two ladies in the sametwo Vettes about once a week. One C4 and a C5, both white. I have yet to get a return wave from either. Perhaps if they don't wave back soon, my wave will turn into a flip! j/k :jester
Old 03-12-2003, 04:16 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I don't thinks its strickly sex.

Heck I "fumble" my wave all the time ( hand gets stuck in the steering wheel or in the middle of shift ) so if you see me I will pre-wave now :seeya
Old 03-12-2003, 05:21 PM
aj1988
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think part of the wave 'problem', especially the C5, is people not knowing about the wave. When I got my first Vette (63) in 67 the 68 folks didn't wave for the most part. After a few years, the 'NEW' Vette's started waving. Then when the C4 came out, it all started again. Seems like a lot of the C5 owners are also first Vette owners.

I also think it has something to do with the number of Vette's on the road today. In 67 it was possible to go a week and not see another Vette. Now you see them almost every day, Even in this one Mule town I live in now.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Parrothead
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (C5North)

In my experience...no.
:withstupid:
Old 03-12-2003, 06:00 PM
91vetteboy
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (Parrothead)

I havn't seen one :seeya yet. :confused:
Old 03-12-2003, 06:12 PM
FuelJetA
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (91vetteboy)

My wife waves like an idiot when she sees another Vette, but don't tell her I said so.
Shanon :D
Old 03-12-2003, 06:23 PM
hngacurv
Race Director

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (bhamvett)

NONE of the women in my area wave.Go figure!
bhamvett
Maybe they just don't wave at you. J/K :jester I only get waves from about 1/4 of vette drivers period.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:33 PM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

they wave 2 me! :D :seeya
Old 03-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Past_VNE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (fueljeta)

My wife waves like an idiot when she sees another Vette, but don't tell her I said so.
Shanon :D
Hey, I resemble that remark. I always wave when I see 'em. I'm sure I've missed a few, though. Trouble is, I have dark-azz tint. Who knows if they see my :seeya

Never saw another chicky behind the wheel, though...and rarely see them co-pilot. I guess two girls in two Vettes in one place is too much to ask.
I get real excited to see another Vette on the road. I guess I'm just a big dork after all.
Off topic, but once we saw this C5 ahead of us and when we got next us, he didn't wave (probably didn't see us) so we revved a little. He looked over and :seeya.

Anyway, :seeya:seeya:seeya:seeya:seeya:seeya:see ya

Jaclyn
Old 03-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

C3's, almost all C4's and C5's have waved to me with enthusiasm, with the exception of just two.....a late C4 who never saw me (male), and an early C4
who looked right at me as she drove on by. The wave aside, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I don't care.....frankly I think the vettes should stay with men, its a fine brotherhood that way :D :yesnod: I can see the wall of flames coming my way right now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Do lady vette drivers wave?

Old 03-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Past_VNE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (bradvette)

The wave aside, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I don't care.....frankly I think the vettes should stay with men, its a fine brotherhood that way :D :yesnod: I can see the wall of flames coming my way right now :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I guess I shouldn't be flying executives all over the country, either?!?!

If your comment was a joke, I didn't get it and my apologies in advance. If not....

That's total :bs Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself. Women certainly aren't men and I am by NO means a feminist, but why on Earth shouldn't car-enthusiast women have Corvettes?? That's just childish and absurd.

Now, for those women (AND men) who drive them without care or interest to the heritage, I say they have a problem and I feel bad for their Corvettes and what it does to the "club." But, a Men Only sign on the driver's door?? Go hold your pizzing contest somewhere else.

Jaclyn

[Modified by Past_VNE, 8:27 PM 3/12/2003]
Old 03-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Voltech_LT4
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (Past_VNE)

The wave aside, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I don't care.....frankly I think the vettes should stay with men, its a fine brotherhood that way :D :yesnod: I can see the wall of flames coming my way right now :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I guess I shouldn't be flying executives all over the country, either?!?!

If your comment was a joke, I didn't get it and my apologies in advance. If not....

That's total :bs Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself. Women certainly aren't men and I am by NO means a feminist, but why on Earth shouldn't car-enthusiast women have Corvettes?? That's just childish and absurd.

Now, for those women (AND men) who drive them without care or interest to the heritage, I say they have a problem and I feel bad for their Corvettes and what it does to the "club." But, a Men Only sign on the driver's door?? Go hold your pizzing contest somewhere else.

Jaclyn

[Modified by Past_VNE, 8:27 PM 3/12/2003]
:iagree: I love women that drive vettes, and remember we all share something in common, we love vettes. I would be proud to have Jaclyn driving by me in her vette and she would get a nice big wave :yesnod: :seeya thats my goal in life...to meet a women that also loves vettes as much as I do, so I can have 2 in the garage :D
vr,
volt
Old 03-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Past_VNE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do lady vette drivers wave? (Voltech_LT4)

I would be proud to have Jaclyn driving by me in her vette and she would get a nice big wave :yesnod: :seeya thats my goal in life...to meet a women that also loves vettes as much as I do, so I can have 2 in the garage :D
vr,
volt
Thank you, Volt...that's very sweet of you.
Jaclyn

Quick Reply: Do lady vette drivers wave?