C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Michigan Engine Builder

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 01:15 PM
95Purple
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michigan Engine Builder

Does anyone know of a good engine builder in the SE Michigan area? I have a LT1 that is in need of being made into a 383. I was looking at Nu-tek in Findlay Ohio. Kind of far to go. It seems the place that I originally had mods done at does not want my business. Went in to talk to them and they gave me the attitude of not wanting to touch my little C4. They have the big dollar spending Mustang guys and now have C5 guys coming in for turbo installs. Pretty bad after spending close to 7k there and now looking to spend near 5k, guess C4 money isn’t green. :cuss
Old 05-05-2003, 03:47 PM
T1Kilr
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Michigan Engine Builder (95Purple)

there is a machine shop in Flint that did the boring / balancing and installed the rotating assy of my 403 t/a that seemed to do a really good job. I'll have to do some digging to find the name/address again. IM me if your interested.

Shortly after I picked up my 93, I was thinking of a heads/cam/tuning pkg and noticed that if it wasn't a mustang or a C5, they weren't all that interested as well. :rolleyes:
Old 05-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Purp,

To bad you weren't closer to Charlotte,NC. There is a place that I would go to in a heartbeat if I had the $$$ to bore, stroke, balance and port, etc. With the amount of $$$ you want to spend, they could build a monster. Check out their web site: http://www.moreperformanceinc.com
Old 05-05-2003, 04:11 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I live in W. Michigan so not much help. Here's what I did on a trashed C3 engine a few years ago. I was on a budget so I bought all the parts I needed from PAW (out of California and reasonably priced). I bought a video from J C Whitney for around $20 on "How to Rebuild Your Small Block Chevy Engine". I took the block and parts to a local machine shop and brought them all back to my garage - watched the video as it played on a small TV and just did exactly what the dude on the tape did. I built a very strong 355 that way along with an Edelbrock top end and cam. PAW has complete kits to turn your 350 into a 383. The pride I felt drivin that thing around was worth the effort. I had only done bolt-ons before that. I had to buy a few extra tools and stuff but now I have them for other projects and to loan out to buds. :seeya
Old 05-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Michigan Engine Builder (corvetteronw)

[QUOTE]I bought a video from J C Whitney for around $20 on "How to Rebuild Your Small Block Chevy Engine".

There is a good book to buy also called " How to rebuild Small-Block Chevy LT-1/LT-4 Engines" Nice for your Corvette library.

I don't know about lending your tools out, especially to your buds :skep:

Get notified of new replies

To Michigan Engine Builder

Quick Reply: Michigan Engine Builder