C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I'm getting a C5 too.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 09:21 AM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Re: (AGENT 86)

To the guy who mentioned financing just go to http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com (formerly peoplefirst). I have used them 4 times now. I got a 3.9 apr and they don't care what you buy they just gaev me a blank check authorized for up to 50 grand. I was glad to only write it out for 17 though LOL.

Don't let loser traditional banks get in your way. Get to http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com and take advantage of these near giveaways of C5's.

I really think once dealers are out of new ones that they are giving away the C5 market will at least stabilize for a year or two. If (and this won't be the case) but if i feel like dumping my C5 ext year i am next to positive getting the 22K i paid for it back won't be much of an issue. At MOST i'd lose a grand or so. Can't beat driving one for next to nothing.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:32 AM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: (robertpel9)

I'm sorry... but have any of you even driven a C5? You might as well get a Cadillac, at least they come with the nice seats. Way too comfortable and roomy, and they've got about as much soul as the Blues Brothers do.

Just my opinion, but you won't see me owning one.

Mike
Old 06-29-2004, 11:39 AM
mayberry
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (luvmy92)

I'm sorry... but have any of you even driven a C5? You might as well get a Cadillac, at least they come with the nice seats. Way too comfortable and roomy, and they've got about as much soul as the Blues Brothers do.

Just my opinion, but you won't see me owning one.

Mike
That is why I want it for my daily driver and keep the '89 for my toy to tinker with.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: I'm getting a C5 too..... (mayberry)

my condolances to you. at least you didn't do something really silly, like getting rid of your C4
Old 06-29-2004, 03:16 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm getting a C5 too..... (VET 350)

Get rid of the wife and keep both like I did........
Now that's not nice
Old 06-29-2004, 06:11 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Default Re: I'm getting a C5 too..... (96 Collector Edition)

you guys are funny. Inter generaltional wars are stupid. A corvette is a corvette. The C5 is a completely different car than the C4. It's better but it should be as the design perios was leterall over a decade later. Sure each car has it's plusses and minuses. Why bash each other. I love C4'si am just selling mine because i have nor the time, speace or desire to keep both so i am goign to keep the one that puts a bigger smile on my face. I will admit i would like to transplant the C4 seats from my 91 into my 99 the side bolsters suck on a C5. Other than that there is no need to bash we all should be pruod and happy to have a corvette no matter the year. Whoever said just go buy a Cadillac and have you eevn driven a C5 i think needs to drive one a little longer themselves. That comment is just downright rediculous.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:19 PM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I'm getting a C5 too..... (robertpel9)

Whoever said just go buy a Cadillac and have you eevn driven a C5 i think needs to drive one a little longer themselves. That comment is just downright rediculous.
That would be me... and I can tell you I have spent a hell of a lot more time driving one than you have (my girlfriend has had one for a couple of years). So I will beg to differ with the "rediculous" statement.

From reading most of your posts, you will do just fine with one, it seems to suit you... however, it doesn't do anything for me. Different strokes for different folks. Good luck with it...

Mike
Old 06-29-2004, 08:16 PM
RippieC4
Instructor

Default Re: (Mr Mojo)

Thanks Mojo, I needed that. Never met you, but knew I always liked you! I plan on keeping my C4 until it's not worth 15 cents, then I'll push it into one of the strip mines here in Kentucky. Don't plan on going the C5 OR C6 route. There's more to Corvette ownership than performance. If I were to do anything, I'd go back to the C2. Unless the guys in MI can design something that steals my heart at first glance, rather than making me have to court it for two years while it "grows on me," I'll keep what I got - a good looking and good performing C4.

Is everyone out to **** me off? Please no more "I bought a C5 and getting rid of the better C4" posts. Go post them in C5.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:17 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Default Re: I'm getting a C5 too..... (luvmy92)

I don't know what "it seems to suit you" means but it's probably safe to say its not something flattering. But yeah different strokes for different folks. I guess the difference is that i like both.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:49 PM
INaband
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: I'm getting a C5 too..... (robertpel9)

Im thinking about a high-mile C5 for a daily driver, that can stay outside........cause my one car garage gets the show puppy.

Quick Reply: I'm getting a C5 too.....