C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Sunvisor fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 04:46 PM
VFR750
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sunvisor fix

I have finally come up with a sunvisor fix which doesn't involve any cost to speak of and it works! Here's what I did:
-Pulled up the extra fabric and slit a little slot by where the hinge rod enters the sunvisor.
-Slid some sheet metal into the main part of the sunvisor and the separated smaller part. Each part had split in the middle, so the sheet metal fit nicely into each. The sheets that I used where not quite as tall as the visor and fit about 2-3 inches into each part.
-Using a tube of silicone glue with a long snout, I squirted a fairly liberal amount on each side of the steel plate inside both pieces, being careful not to get too close to the openings where the glue could come out and get on the fabric. The silicone is thick enough to absorb any debris left over from the decaying sunvisor and still stick.
-Tucked the extra fabric where the slit was into the sunvisor sandwich.
-Pulled the smaller piece of sunvisor out until the fabric was tight, then squeezed the whole thing between two firm flat pieces of metal with a clamp overnight.
-Done! Both sides have lasted a month now and they couldn't look better if I had spent the money to replace them.

Charlie
Old 11-11-2004, 08:51 PM
neverendingproject
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have and sunvisors on my 85 I just got my front window tinted

Quick Reply: Sunvisor fix