C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

kelly blue book/nada values

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
RONR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kelly blue book/nada values

Does anyone know how often and when kelly and nada update there prices. Is it still quarterly?
Old 01-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Wendell Allen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When did they start quarterly? I used to rep for an auto finance company (six years ago), and they were monthly back then.

Personally I think NADA overstates the values of the cars, especially left book, trade in, wholesale, whatever. I don't like using it when I go car shopping.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:04 PM
White Six Speed
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They both update monthly. I have a monthly subscription to NADA and recieve a new book each month. Some months they go down and some they even go up or stay the same depending on the market conditions
Old 01-25-2005, 10:54 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
St. Jude Donor '10

Kelly Sux. These are the guys that the dealer uses when they are trying to stiff you out of your car. More often than not NADA will give you a higher value for your car. Of course the number from either one can be meaningless, depending on whom you are dealing with. I went to a large Chevy dealer in Langhorne Pa. to trade in my `01 S10 pickup. The appraiser said " Nice truck, looks like you take care of it, We`ll give you $3500 for it". I said " Kelly says a truck in this condition is worth $6000, & NADA says its worth more ". The guy says, " go sell it to them ". While I had been waiting around, I heard another salesman tell a customer who was trying to trade in a late model Toyota Camry, that his car was only worth $9,000 according to Kelly. NADA said something like $13,000, which was around what the guy owed. The salesman said " We always go by what Kelly says a car is worth". It seems like those books are only good if the dealers are using them for their advantage,not yours
Old 01-25-2005, 10:56 PM
wildman378
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NADA is more dead on kelly sucks kbb shows values way below what they are atleast for these cars it does.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:11 AM
corvette-pilot
Le Mans Master

Funny how dealers pull out the book when you are buying but it isn't any good for your trade

I too have noticed the huge difference in prices between the 2 books. I use the one that is in my advantage. Kelly values when buying a car and NADA when trying to sell
Old 01-26-2005, 11:44 AM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by kenv
Kelly Sux. These are the guys that the dealer uses when they are trying to stiff you out of your car. More often than not NADA will give you a higher value for your car. Of course the number from either one can be meaningless, depending on whom you are dealing with. I went to a large Chevy dealer in Langhorne Pa. to trade in my `01 S10 pickup. The appraiser said " Nice truck, looks like you take care of it, We`ll give you $3500 for it". I said " Kelly says a truck in this condition is worth $6000, & NADA says its worth more ". The guy says, " go sell it to them ". While I had been waiting around, I heard another salesman tell a customer who was trying to trade in a late model Toyota Camry, that his car was only worth $9,000 according to Kelly. NADA said something like $13,000, which was around what the guy owed. The salesman said " We always go by what Kelly says a car is worth". It seems like those books are only good if the dealers are using them for their advantage,not yours
Aint it the truth!

Last edited by redwing76; 01-26-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:11 PM
glerma
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by kenv
It seems like those books are only good if the dealers are using them for their advantage,not yours
Auto Dealers=

Get notified of new replies

To kelly blue book/nada values

Quick Reply: kelly blue book/nada values