Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Very bad deal with OLDVETTETIMER...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Very bad deal with OLDVETTETIMER...

I'm gonna post this up on the forum.But I wanna give you a heads up first.
I bought some parts from OLDVETTETIMER a month ago.
1.Center console.
1.Driver armrest
1.center armrest.
I paid $170 shipped for them from canada.I have very high resolution pictures you NEED to see.I have my parts in my car and oldvettetimers parts side-by-side.
Many e-mails regarding the condition of the rubbery coating.She insisted they are excellent.She sent pics but they are poor quality at best.I have clean prst but the coating is peeling in several areas..hence the need for good ones.I received the parst and they are awful!..dirty nasty smelly and the rubber is peeling just the same.
I have e-mails from her stating the condition of the parts and the coating.I e-mailed her and she replied with this.....the following is OLDVETTETIMERS e-mail.
"""well terry where do i start !!!
thanks for sending me pictures of your old parts!!!! did you think that the
picture of the window control piece you sent me looked anything like the one i
sent you? geez the one i sent you DID NOT have the pull handle on it. and the
picture of the one you sent me stating was peeling and **** had that piece on
it. i guess you thought that either i would not notice it or perhaps forget
what mine looked like. as for the other parts full of crap they're not my parts
either. i have to agree that they are not good parts but then they are not my
parts either. i took pictures of mine when i sent them out to you and these
are not my parts but i guess a guy can try. i am not worried if you post
anything about me as i can back up my side of the story with pictures proving
what i sent you as well i have someone who was here at the time i packed them
that will have no problem backing my story, as well i have spoken to someone in
the forum about this matter, not mentioning any names at this time yours or
theirs, and feels that if you choice to do this it your right but i as well have
rights to reply. and post my side of the story with my proof of what i sent
you. its funny that i have sold off almost the whole interior (all from the
same car) and have not had a problem with any parts being garbage, broken, dirty
etc. and only you have one. maybe you think that 1) i am new on the forum and
will give in to scare tactics, 2) because i am female i will not stand up for
myself. i am not out to screw anyone and the parts i sent you where in great
shape and now i know why you wanted them to replace those nasty ones you had.
janet'"""""

Mr Mojo...I don't know what to say but everyone should be warned....Thank You Terry
Here's my number if you wish to discuss or need any other proof of any nature.It's painfully obviuos I have been screwed.
Someone wants to host these for me great!..I can put them up but the resolution will be less than what I can show you.You can even read the codes MY center console.And to make matters worse the pull handle doesn't even come apart to begin with.I must be pretty good to pull that switch off..My parts in my car are peeling just the same.They are still in it and OLDVETTETIMERS are side-by-side.
I expect I will be out $170...don't expect anything back as of OLDVETTETIMERS last e-mail to me.
I'll refrain form derogatory comments and would appreciate others doing so..Thx Terry

http://www.eatmilk.com/terry/terry.htm

Last edited by Mr Mojo; 01-28-2005 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added link from dupe post
Old 01-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Default Very bad deal with OLDVETTETIMER...

I'm gonna post this up on the forum.But I wanna give you a heads up first.
I bought some parts from OLDVETTETIMER a month ago.
1.Center console.
1.Driver armrest
1.center armrest.
I paid $170 shipped for them from canada.I have very high resolution pictures you NEED to see.I have my parts in my car and oldvettetimers parts side-by-side.
Many e-mails regarding the condition of the rubbery coating.She insisted they are excellent.She sent pics but they are poor quality at best.I have clean prst but the coating is peeling in several areas..hence the need for good ones.I received the parst and they are awful!..dirty nasty smelly and the rubber is peeling just the same.
I have e-mails from her stating the condition of the parts and the coating.I e-mailed her and she replied with this.....the following is OLDVETTETIMERS e-mail.
"""well terry where do i start !!!
thanks for sending me pictures of your old parts!!!! did you think that the
picture of the window control piece you sent me looked anything like the one i
sent you? geez the one i sent you DID NOT have the pull handle on it. and the
picture of the one you sent me stating was peeling and **** had that piece on
it. i guess you thought that either i would not notice it or perhaps forget
what mine looked like. as for the other parts full of crap they're not my parts
either. i have to agree that they are not good parts but then they are not my
parts either. i took pictures of mine when i sent them out to you and these
are not my parts but i guess a guy can try. i am not worried if you post
anything about me as i can back up my side of the story with pictures proving
what i sent you as well i have someone who was here at the time i packed them
that will have no problem backing my story, as well i have spoken to someone in
the forum about this matter, not mentioning any names at this time yours or
theirs, and feels that if you choice to do this it your right but i as well have
rights to reply. and post my side of the story with my proof of what i sent
you. its funny that i have sold off almost the whole interior (all from the
same car) and have not had a problem with any parts being garbage, broken, dirty
etc. and only you have one. maybe you think that 1) i am new on the forum and
will give in to scare tactics, 2) because i am female i will not stand up for
myself. i am not out to screw anyone and the parts i sent you where in great
shape and now i know why you wanted them to replace those nasty ones you had.
janet'"""""

Mr Mojo...I don't know what to say but everyone should be warned....Thank You Terry
Here's my number if you wish to discuss or need any other proof of any nature.It's painfully obviuos I have been screwed.
Someone wants to host these for me great!..I can put them up but the resolution will be less than what I can show you.You can even read the codes MY center console.And to make matters worse the pull handle doesn't even come apart to begin with.I must be pretty good to pull that switch off..My parts in my car are peeling just the same.They are still in it and OLDVETTETIMERS are side-by-side.
I expect I will be out $170...don't expect anything back as of OLDVETTETIMERS last e-mail to me.
I'll refrain form derogatory comments and would appreciate others doing so..Thx Terry

HERE ARE THE PICS FOR STARTERS..CLICK AND LOOK.

Last edited by Shore; 01-28-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Need someone to host these.......LS1camaro is goofed right now so i can't upload them..
tgriffin36@cfl.rr.com
Old 01-28-2005, 04:14 PM
smack123
Drifting

Hhmmmm...weird one.... I'd be curious to see the pics.

Hey maybe some dude at UPS or whoever shipped the parts saw something on the box that said Corvette parts, and he just happened to have a C4, and just happened to need those same parts, and just happened to sneak the box out of the depot and take OLDVETTETIMER's nice parts and replace them with his crappy parts, and the sneak the box back into the UPS depot and send it on its way, and then you got it, and you think you got OLDVETTTIMER's crappy parts, but really she had sent nice parts, but in reality you got some UPS dude's crappy parts.

It could happen, right?

It's tough, always difficult to buy sight unseen, you never really know for sure what you are getting until you've got it in your hands. It sounds like you both feel strongly that you are correct. I wish you both luck n resolving this issue.

And you'll have to excuse her poor photos, we here in Canada only recently got electricity, and we are so busy avoiding polar bears in the streets that we are just now setting up our new computers and digital cameras in our igloos *LOL*
Old 01-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Ivory90
Racer

That sucks! Hopefully oldtimer will make good and give you your money back.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Originally Posted by smack123

Hey maybe some dude at UPS or whoever shipped the parts saw something on the box that said Corvette parts, and he just happened to have a C4, and just happened to need those same parts, and just happened to sneak the box out of the depot and take OLDVETTETIMER's nice parts and replace them with his crappy parts, and the sneak the box back into the UPS depot and send it on its way, and then you got it, and you think you got OLDVETTTIMER's crappy parts, but really she had sent nice parts, but in reality you got some UPS dude's crappy parts.

It could happen, right?

It's tough, always difficult to buy sight unseen, you never really know for sure what you are getting until you've got it in your hands. It sounds like you both feel strongly that you are correct. I wish you both luck n resolving this issue.

And you'll have to excuse her poor photos, we here in Canada only recently got electricity, and we are so busy avoiding polar bears in the streets that we are just now setting up our new computers and digital cameras in our igloos *LOL*
You're kiddin me right????????........this is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.I surely guess someone happened to have the same parts and happened to "just come across it"...whatta load!
You're sidetaking is painfully obviuos also...
Old 01-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Someone please host these for me.......it's gonna get good fast!.
OLDVETTETIMER is lying plain and simple...and I can prove it!

Pics on first post!!

Last edited by Shore; 01-28-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Here we go boys...click it and take a look.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:35 PM
smack123
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shoregasm
You're kiddin me right????????........this is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.I surely guess someone happened to have the same parts and happened to "just come across it"...whatta load!
You're sidetaking is painfully obviuos also...

Dude, if the sarcasm in my post wasn't painfully obvious you need to get out more often.

Right, as if some UPS clerk would happen upon your box and happen to have the same car that happened to need the same parts and then steal them and replace them with his or her crappy parts. Give me a break - I was just trying to add a little levity to the situation.

As for sidetaking, please explain to me what part of "sounds like you both feel strongly you are correct" and "I wish you luck in resolving this issue" is painfully obvious side-taking????

Furthermore, IF I had taken sides, what are you saying, you only want to hear replies from people that believe your side of the story?
Old 01-28-2005, 04:40 PM
smack123
Drifting

Just saw the pics for the first time.... I still stand behind my previous post, but if these were advertised as excellent and you paid $170, you definitely got screwed - they are definitely far from excellent. Those are some crappy parts... looks like they came out of the scrapyard and the interior was exposed to the elements.

Uh-oh...am I taking sides again?????

Last edited by smack123; 01-28-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:44 PM
NotMyVette
Instructor

Come on now .... let's not get hostile. Play nice boys ...
Old 01-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Originally Posted by smack123

It could happen, right?

Here in lays the problem I have with your post....OLDVETTETIMER stated in an e-mail to me she would mark the box Corvette parts..You said the same thing...only problem with this is I NEVER mentioned this and the box was not marked ANYTHING Corvette.If I am wrong on my assumption of you and OLDVETTETIMER being friends and your post was not an intention to discredit my Topic then I apologize.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:49 PM
smack123
Drifting

Originally Posted by NotMyVette
Come on now .... let's not get hostile. Play nice boys ...

Yes Ma'am :o
Old 01-28-2005, 04:53 PM
smack123
Drifting

Ok dude, that's just weird...No, I have no idea who OLDVETTETIMER is... pure coincidence that I used the same term in my post. And I apologize also - you're probably a little choked and frustrated at not getting what you expected and the last thing you want is someone poking fun at the situation.

I sincerely hope it works out for you, you definitely got some bum parts.

Hey, "notmyvette" are ya happy? We made up - everyone is friends again *LOL*
Old 01-28-2005, 04:58 PM
redvette6spd
Safety Car

that sucks
Old 01-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Justardnck
Burning Brakes

I will host your pics if you email them to me

Justardnck@aol.com
Old 01-28-2005, 05:15 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Pics are crappy quality, so it's hard to make judgement.

The seller says those aren't what she sold you. You should answer that question first, or get the pics she has.

Never buy cosmetic items without pics beforehand!

Get notified of new replies

To Very bad deal with OLDVETTETIMER...

Old 01-28-2005, 05:18 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, you got ripped plain and simple, and I hope you can get your $$ back. You got a box of rusty crap. As far as all the other diatribe replies, WTF!??? Play nice, or we will stop shipping our toys north of the border!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Justardnck

Justardnck@aol.com
Maybe later,I have someone doing it now but not sure how long he can keep it up.Thx though.

The whole thing that pisses me off is the fact that OLDVETTETIMER is lying about the parts..still!..she insists that those are my parts and I am pulling a fast one on her....BUT she stated in the E-mail above that there is NO WAY those are my parts BECAUSE the driver side armrest she sent didn't have the grab handle attached IT'S ONE PIECE!!!!!.....they DO NOT come apart...PERIOD the end!!If you look at the crap built up you can see ALL three pieces came from the same car!......she's lying period.That irritates the heck outta me!

Last edited by Shore; 01-28-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Justardnck

Justardnck@aol.com
Maybe later,I have someone doing it now but not sure how long he can keep it up.Thx though.

The whole thing that pisses me off is the fact that OLDVETTETIMER is lying about the parts..still!..she insists that those are my parts and I am pulling a fast one on her....BUT she stated in the E-mail above that there is NO WAY those are my parts BECAUSE the driver side armrest she sent didn't have the grab handle attached IT'S ONE PIECE!!!!!.....they DO NOT come apart...PERIOD the end!!If you look at the crap built up you can see ALL three pieces came from the same car!......she's lying period.That irritates the heck outta me!

Quick Reply: Very bad deal with OLDVETTETIMER...