Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

F/S Jack-A-Vette Jack Adapter Tool

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
95ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by _twisted_
Now 95ZR1 - why dont you reach out to Charlie and give him an opportunity to rectify the problem, like I said he wouldn't intentionally mislead - it is not his nature.

I have been on this forum for many years and bought lots of "stuff".
I tend to trust fellow Corvette owners. If Charlie was able to use this item before selling it to me, he is smarter than I am. Honestly, its so darn heavy and a PITA to ship, it wasn't worth the hassle to me. Again, I should have seen in the picture that it was not what I was looking for. Vettetoy has stepped up to the plate and graciously helped me out.

Now one item I bought that I came very close to raising a fuss about were "lowering bolts" that I paid for, waited a long time to get (while the check cleared) only to see that they were stock length. I never saw a pic next to a ruler, or bothered to asked "how long are they?" Again, I just assumed they were as advertised. Not worth the fuss to me.

Lesson for all: Buyer beware or at least be smart and alert. For the small stuff I don't want someone to buy it out from under me, but if it was something important (ie $$) I'll ask lots of questions first.

Ted
Still a happy Corvette Driver

Last edited by 95ZR1; 09-14-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:23 PM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by _twisted_
I believe the gadget man changed his design and what was pictured is the original.

I have dealt with Charlie on more than 1 occasion and he wouldn't intentionally mislead to sell something - he is a good guy even if he drives a chrysler now
JD,
Thanks for sticking up for me. I am and have always been a standup honest guy. The Gadgetman most definately sold me this adapter and yes he told me that it was his first design. The "I" beam is the newer design and you are absolutely correct. I'm going to reply to vettetoy next.
Charlie
Old 09-14-2007, 08:28 PM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by vettetoy
Is this truly a Gadgetman's adapter? This does not appear to be correct. I am looking at the photo and wonder where is the top portion of the adapter? It appears to be missing in your photo. The top steel plate which is missing in the photo is securely welded on and has a rubber cushion on top in order to not scratch the differential. Gadgetman adapter is black and not red. Comments? See the one designed by CGM. Appreciate feedback on the photo.

http://www.corvettegadgetman.com/products3.html
Vettetoy,
This adapter was a special order from the Gadgetman. I couldn't use the original one he sent me because of the design of my exhaust. He made this one which was modeled after a prototype. I certainly didn't paint it red, that's the way it came. In fact, here is the link from gadgetman's web site under "testimonials". Scroll down to item #12 and it states that they made a special order one for me Charles G. from NJ. http://www.corvettegadgetman.com/testimonials.html
Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95ZR1
Yes, I'm the chump. Buyer beware.
When I received the "adaptor" in the mail I was very surprised.
How the he*l do you use it and it sure doesn't look like the real "Jack-a-Vette".
I just never pursued it.
If you had an issue with something I sold you, you should have had the common coutesy to contact me privately to discuss any problem you were having. Posting "Buyer Beware" and "Chump" in a public Forum before gathering the proper and correct information is downright slander. I have a great deal of integrity and pride myself with being an honest person. I have dealt with dozens of Forum members both buying from and selling to and have never had any problem whatsoever. I expect a public apology.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:51 PM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

95ZR1 - Sorry to hear your misfortune and so pleased you have responded. Truth be known - I am replying for the CorvetteGadgetMan. I am unclear where the person received this item to sell as could not have been from CorvetteGadgetMan as always has a top plate. You are so right, it would be unclear how to use it and good you didn't try.

For this misfortune 95ZR1, please contact me directly and will be pleased to sort something out for you.

The adapter we offer does work great and just do not want there to be some misunderstanding on the appearance of the device. Trust this is helpful to you. I noticed the pictures and had to respond for the Gadgetman. Again, pls contact the site via google, or here privately.
Vettetoy,
So am I to understand that you are the Corvette Gadgetman or are you replying for him? If you are the Gadgetman, how dare you reply to a post before researching the facts. I bought this adapter from the Corvette Gadgetman as a special order. Do I have to post the link to the website or do you remember it from two posts ago. I'm hoping you remember it and didn't forget that as well. As I stated in my previous reply, I am an honest person and I would never mislead anyone, anyone. I expect a public apolgy from you as well.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 PM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

I have been on this forum for many years and bought lots of "stuff".
I tend to trust fellow Corvette owners. If Charlie was able to use this item before selling it to me, he is smarter than I am. Honestly, its so darn heavy and a PITA to ship, it wasn't worth the hassle to me. Again, I should have seen in the picture that it was not what I was looking for. Vettetoy has stepped up to the plate and graciously helped me out.

Now one item I bought that I came very close to raising a fuss about were "lowering bolts" that I paid for, waited a long time to get (while the check cleared) only to see that they were stock length. I never saw a pic next to a ruler, or bothered to asked "how long are they?" Again, I just assumed they were as advertised. Not worth the fuss to me.

Lesson for all: Buyer beware or at least be smart and alert. For the small stuff I don't want someone to buy it out from under me, but if it was something important (ie $$) I'll ask lots of questions first.

Ted
Still a happy Corvette Driver
Ted,
First of all, As I stated in my original FS post, the adapter was brand new and never used so I have no idea if it worked or didn't. I had every reason to believe it worked because I bought it from a reputable vendor who makes and sells these to Corvette owners every day. Accusing me of taking advantage of you or "out smarting" you on a public Forum is once again slanderous. Also, why did you list the problem you had with the lowering bolts that you didn't buy from me. It gives the impression that I mislead you on those too. I expect to be treated the same way I treat others on this Forum and I expect a public apology. If vettetoy is as "gracious" as he portays himself to be, this transaction should jog his memory and he should send you the new design adapter for free.
Charlie
Old 09-14-2007, 09:10 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Ok, so who is the real gadgetman, am I missing something or is someone full of BS here? Dont see any supporting vendor banners here...

One can only assume (from the outside looking in) Ted didnt know any better so please dont give him any flack for it, looks like he assumed it would work as anyone else would. Hopefully hes taken care of here, he does pleny for the Corvette commmunity, namely the ZR1 guys. Not that my opinion matters but why wwould he owe anyone an apology, HE is the customer here and the one having an issue.

Last edited by cv67; 09-14-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:25 PM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Ok, so who is the real gadgetman, am I missing something or is someone full of BS here? Dont see any supporting vendor banners here...

One can only assume (from the outside looking in) Ted didnt know any better so please dont give him any flack for it, looks like he assumed it would work as anyone else would. Hopefully hes taken care of here, he does pleny for the Corvette commmunity, namely the ZR1 guys. Not that my opinion matters but why wwould he owe anyone an apology, HE is the customer here and the one having an issue.
With all due respect, I didn't create this fiasco. My pictures clearly depicted what I was selling and if he had a problem with me or doubted my integrity, he should have contacted me privately. If I'm being incorrectly accused of duping someone, I deserve an apology. I'm not disputing that he is a good guy, but I'm a good guy as well and my reputation means alot to me. Regardless if you are buying or selling, if someone is incorrectly accused of misleading another person, an apology is in order.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:45 PM
vettetoy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - public apology from the CorvetteGadgetMan. Very sorry. I am replying for the GadgetMan and spoke to him. Glad you pointed this out as honestly did not remember this until you specifically referred to the testimonial and the additional CGM Note () - where a special custom order one was designed for you. Thank you for responding and again sincere apology. The design of the adapter without the top plate was good for your particular vehicle and would not work well for others such as the person who purchased it from you. Do not recall making others without the top plate like yours and this could've been 2 or 3 years ago or more? Again - sincere apology Charlie to you.

FYI Testimonial:

"I received the jack adapter in perfect condition. The only problem I have is that I'm not running a stock exhaust and there is a bar welded to the top of the "Y" pipe which prevents the adapter from sliding through the "Y" pipe and under the differential. I should have checked it before I ordered it. Not a problem because I already sold it. I wish I could have used it since it is a well constructed ingenious tool that would have really helped me a lot when jacking up the Corvette." (CGM Note: Subsequent to this customer selling his jack adapter to another Corvette owner, CGM made a special custom order adapter for this customer. Another very satisfied customer!)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

Ok - public apology from the CorvetteGadgetMan. Very sorry. I am replying for the GadgetMan and spoke to him. Glad you pointed this out as honestly did not remember this until you specifically referred to the testimonial and the additional CGM Note () - where a special custom order one was designed for you. Thank you for responding and again sincere apology. The design of the adapter without the top plate was good for your particular vehicle and would not work well for others such as the person who purchased it from you. Do not recall making others without the top plate like yours and this could've been 2 or 3 years ago or more? Again - sincere apology Charlie to you.

FYI Testimonial:

"I received the jack adapter in perfect condition. The only problem I have is that I'm not running a stock exhaust and there is a bar welded to the top of the "Y" pipe which prevents the adapter from sliding through the "Y" pipe and under the differential. I should have checked it before I ordered it. Not a problem because I already sold it. I wish I could have used it since it is a well constructed ingenious tool that would have really helped me a lot when jacking up the Corvette." (CGM Note: Subsequent to this customer selling his jack adapter to another Corvette owner, CGM made a special custom order adapter for this customer. Another very satisfied customer!)
Thanks for the clarification and I accept your apology. Have a Great Weekend.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:22 AM
95ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CG77VETTE
If you had an issue with something I sold you, you should have had the common coutesy to contact me privately to discuss any problem you were having. Posting "Buyer Beware" and "Chump" in a public Forum before gathering the proper and correct information is downright slander. I have a great deal of integrity and pride myself with being an honest person. I have dealt with dozens of Forum members both buying from and selling to and have never had any problem whatsoever. I expect a public apology.
From the beginning, I apologize if I offended or slandered you in any way.
Again, I figured something innocent was up and that is why I did not contact you. My lazyness was my error. I now see that in fact Gadget Man DID sell you this adaptor. It was just not the one I was anticipating and you did nothing to mislead me. I DID NOT have an issue with what you sold me. It was exactly as you pictured. I was the chump in not purchasing the correct item I needed. I was stating that the BUYER needs to verify the item is correct for their application.
And I think it was pretty clear, but for the record: No, I did not purchase the lowering bolts from you.
Do you have any more C4 items for sale?
Have a good weekend
Ted
Old 09-15-2007, 09:37 AM
CG77VETTE
Drifting

From the beginning, I apologize if I offended or slandered you in any way.
Again, I figured something innocent was up and that is why I did not contact you. My lazyness was my error. I now see that in fact Gadget Man DID sell you this adaptor. It was just not the one I was anticipating and you did nothing to mislead me. I DID NOT have an issue with what you sold me. It was exactly as you pictured. I was the chump in not purchasing the correct item I needed. I was stating that the BUYER needs to verify the item is correct for their application.
And I think it was pretty clear, but for the record: No, I did not purchase the lowering bolts from you.
Do you have any more C4 items for sale?
Have a good weekend
Ted
Ted,
Your apology is wholeheartedly accepted. In fact I must apologize to you for having made such a big deal over such a minor issue. Believe me, this was definately one of those "it's not the $, it's the principle" issues. The only C4 parts I have left are four '84 - '90 tail lights and one '87 center hub cap.
Best Regards,
Charlie
Old 09-15-2007, 10:24 AM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job guys, now that all seems to be hashed out it's time to lock this thread down.

Charlie, send a PM to a mod and they will close it.

Ted, keep that thing handy, I may need it after I see what my new exhaust looks like

Vettetoy, lessoned learned - ps - you dont have to apologize to me , I'm thick skinned
Old 09-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

2 questions here:
Who is Vettoy and why isn't the gadget man talking for himself and what would make one car so different that that jack adaptor would work on it but not another. The diff. is the same weather you can get between the pipes or not. To say that would only work on one car is silly.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
dennislake2468
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CG77VETTE
I'm selling a brand new never used Gadgetman Jack-A-Vette hydraulic jack adapter tool. EZ-Jack-Adapter is a device that is designed to fit a hydraulic floor jack. It is designed to work easily with a stock C4 Corvette exhaust system using a low profile hydraulic floor jack with a minimum 1 ton rating. When lifting, the steel jack adapter slips between exhaust pipes to lift vehicle on the differential. Again remember, this is strictly a lifting adapter device and proper jack stands must be used to support the weight of vehicle.

This tool enables you to lift the rear of a C4 from the differential housing easily lifting both wheels at the same time. This is the original design by The Gadgetman and I'm selling it for $35 shipped to the lower 48 States.

lI will take it. Done deal. Tell me how.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:17 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 636 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by dennislake2468
Don't hold your breath. This is a 9 year old thread.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:54 AM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by dennislake2468
Did you even take any time to read the thread? It was sold waaaaaay back in 2007 and a back-and-forth dispute ensued which was finally settled amicably.

So you're -

But if you really, really, really want it, call Doc Brown; hop in his DeLorean time machine and go back to 08-18-07 and be the first in line.

Last edited by Silver96ce; 02-13-2016 at 02:58 AM.

Quick Reply: F/S Jack-A-Vette Jack Adapter Tool