Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Anyone have a spare 165 ECM with memcal in it? ( I think thats what my 87 has in it ).

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 12:35 AM
BBA
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone have a spare 165 ECM with memcal in it? ( I think thats what my 87 has in it ).

I would like to borrow/beg/steal/buy one for troubleshooting my 87...

I would like one to keep...because I also plan on programming a new eeprom to put in the memcal, but, I could send it all back after I'm done playing.

Basically, if I could find one that work, swap it with mine and see if my detonation problem goes away...I could modify mine by replacing the prom with an eeprom chip and swap it back out.
Old 04-12-2002, 09:56 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a spare 165 ECM with memcal in it? ( I think thats what my 87 has in it ). (BBA)

I have one ECM and one MEMCAL for an 89 Left. The MEMCAL has a socket on it for do it yourself programming.. I will sell them to you if you are interested.. ECM is good and working. MEMCAL will not have the EPROM in it.

Old 04-12-2002, 01:00 PM
BBA
Safety Car

Default Re: Anyone have a spare 165 ECM with memcal in it? (-=Jeff=-)

Sorry,

I need something with the eprom in it so I can pull the bin file and modify it before I screw up my stock one.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:12 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a spare 165 ECM with memcal in it? (BBA)

well you could just copy your stock one and use the one I have for your custom PROMs

Just though I would let you know what I have
Old 04-12-2002, 07:27 PM
BBA
Safety Car

I know thats probably the easiest thing to do...but I have no garenteed safe way of copying the stock one since it is soldered to the memcal. If I was sure I could unsolder it without doing any damage to it, it would not be an issue.
I know I can unsolder it, but I can't chance messing it up because then I can't drive my car...and it's the only means of transportation I have for the time being ( the other corvette has no engine in it at the present ).

I guess I could also get around it if I had the bin file already to burn onto a new eeprom, maybe I should pursue that angle.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:37 PM
89gta383
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can I buy the modified memcal from you?

e-mail me

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a spare 165 ECM with memcal in it? ( I think thats what my 87 has in it ).

Quick Reply: Anyone have a spare 165 ECM with memcal in it? ( I think thats what my 87 has in it ).