Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: Upper A-arm spacers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 11:02 PM
racing geek
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper A-arm spacers

I bought the front suspension from a C4 to adapt to a project but it didn't come with the spacers that go between the K-member and the upper A-arms. Does anyone have a set they would sell or I have a lathe so if someone can get me measurements I'll make my own.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:10 AM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm sure I have some, how about post a photo of what your missing so we are on the same page.

I have a bunch of left over suspension stuff from a couple of ZR-1s I parted out.

PM me when you can
Old 04-27-2017, 07:15 AM
racing geek
Advanced

I'm looking for the pair of short and tall spacers, not shims.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:32 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Judging from the appearance of your control arms you need hardware from an '88+ front suspension. The shaft fabrication between the attaching points indicates that.

Ideally I believe you want 2 thick and 6 thin for a complete install.

phrogs hardware would be correct.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:21 AM
racing geek
Advanced

That's just a random picture I pulled from the internet. I can't take a picture of what I have because it wouldn't show what I need since I'm missing the spacers. My front end is from a 84 or 85 Corvette.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:55 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by racing geek
That's just a random picture I pulled from the internet. I can't take a picture of what I have because it wouldn't show what I need since I'm missing the spacers. My front end is from a 84 or 85 Corvette.
Random snapshots don't build cars as a rule!!

They are very different I believe - you need product from '84 - '87 to match your shafts etc. I've never tried to mix/match - maybe someone has but when using C4 fronts on anything that was fabricated from scratch we've always used matching hardware. The count I believe is similar but the last few that I've had any thing to do with have all been '88+.

'84 or '85 should be easily distinguished for maybe the future. Caliper mounts to the spindle on '84 is M12 hardware and '85 should be M14 - if your stuff isn't from one single car you might want to check!!

Good luck!!

You might visit a seller on eBay that goes by "redneck43" I believe and ask him if they're similar or if he has what you actually need.

Maybe mention in a response in bold or CAPS you'd like '84 - '87 product.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-27-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:43 AM
racing geek
Advanced

You're right, they don't. Being an engineer turned machinist I have a tendency to get lax on details since I generally make things work the way I want anyway. Here is my project with the c4 front end. I don't have any close up pictures of the actual front end which is why I grabbed the random photo to help people better understand what I'm looking for.

Do you have a picture of the two different upper A-arms? All I have ever found is a side by side comparing the lower A-arms.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:11 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

These last snapshots are early control arms. Look at the difference in the "flats" between the thru adjustment bolts on the upper shafts. Late are perpendicular to the floor and the early are parallel to the floor.

Get notified of new replies

To Upper A-arm spacers

Quick Reply: WTB: Upper A-arm spacers