Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: Stage 2 performance prom chip for 1986-89 C4

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 12:40 PM
vette196
Melting Slicks

Received 262 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike 92LX
LOL this seller is John Wayne.

Way to go Oscar. You just never learn and keep ripping people off.
16 posts...beware
Old 07-21-2017, 02:51 PM
slow-vette
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

If nobody else will say it I will. This guy is a crook!. Been waiting for a chip since 6/29 keeps saying it was shipped. I know the Post Office is super slow but they are not that slow. This is a risk of buying from the web and on a forum. These guys change their name when people get on to them so they can keep screwing people over. There is no foolproof way to avoid this but I would suggest that the Moderators of this site institute a minimum post count before someone can place something up for sale. If they set that limit to 20 or 25 that would cut down on guys like Oscar. They would at least have to hang around before they could try to scam us. If they won't take the time to ship the items they sell, then I doubt they would put that much effort into getting enough posts to be allowed to sell.

For the most part the people on these Forums are good honest people that will follow through on what they say. Because of this I will put this into the "That Sucks" column and continue to buy from Forum members. I won't let 1 bad apple ruin it for all of us.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:36 PM
steven mack
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I posted the same thing Sloe Vette.I tried to warn people when the for sale thread was first started.The moderators took my post down.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:48 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

I got s suspicious PM from this person peddling chips a short while ago.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:51 AM
haljr
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I almost purchased one, but somehow didn't feel right. spoke with him on the phone and later I did an online search of his name, phone number and email address and didn't like results.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:30 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 544 Posts

So I finally got my chip today. But no adapter. Will wait and see. Came USPS First Class from Santa Maria Ca
Old 07-24-2017, 10:04 PM
slow-vette
Instructor

I finally got my chip today. However, just like Kanvasman and others here I did not get an adapter either. My chip also came in a plain white envelope with no ID sticker on the chip or any paperwork at all. Not even an anti-static bag to protect the chip from the bubble wrap envelope. Not sure if this chip will even work once I can plug it into my computer. Has anyone gotten and adapter? At least there are places we can order an adapter from if we don't ever get one so that we aren't at a total loss.

While I have to give credit to the chip finally arriving even as incomplete as it was. I would not recommend anyone buying anything from this person.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:04 AM
slow-vette
Instructor

Mike. PayPal will file a dispute but will not take the money back and return it to you in this case. I have already tried. Even if they would I doubt that the money is there to get. This is a risk of buying from unknown sellers online. With that said, had the sale gone as planned this chip would be perfect for what I wanted. All I wanted was to change the temp that my fans come on to match my 180 degree thermostat. If I got any other benefit then that would have been gravy. I agree with you that if you are buying a generic chip thinking you are going to get a big performance change then you will be disappointed. So now that I have the chip if I can get it into my computer the chip should do just what I wanted it for so I will be happy.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:15 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

So I got my adapter today. Looks OK until you go to the company website and it looks a little strange. Anyway, I got something from him, but have no intention of putting the chip or adapter in my car. I have been around the block a few times and can usually spot something amiss a mile away. I will chalk this up to a lapse in judgement on my part. Haven't really had a bad experience like this in the 3 yrs I have been building the car. But all the signs were there. My mistake. I was taught that if you couldn't say something good about someone, don't say anything, so ...
Old 08-12-2017, 08:43 AM
HM2
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kanvasman
So I got my adapter today. Looks OK until you go to the company website and it looks a little strange. Anyway, I got something from him, but have no intention of putting the chip or adapter in my car. I have been around the block a few times and can usually spot something amiss a mile away. I will chalk this up to a lapse in judgement on my part. Haven't really had a bad experience like this in the 3 yrs I have been building the car. But all the signs were there. My mistake. I was taught that if you couldn't say something good about someone, don't say anything, so ...
I'm in the same boat, received the adapter this week. Not what was pictured. As for you Oscar... I will call you out ANYtime I see you post about your chips.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:13 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

SO having dealt with this gentleman before, and trying as best as I can to keep my experience from happening to someone else, I posted a reply to that FOR SALE ad and volunteered to GIVE AWAY for free my chip and adapter to the first one who wants it.

Quick Reply: FS: Stage 2 performance prom chip for 1986-89 C4