Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: Parting out 1989 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 02:30 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Parting out 1989 Corvette

Long time no see to everyone here. I recently (yesterday) sold my 1976 Vette and am now parting out my 1989 Vette. As far as I know the car has never been wrecked and she has driven true since I bought it back in 2004. I am pulling the motor and transmission for my current project car which is a Factory Five 1933 Ford Hot Rod. ( HTTP://HotRod.Sapp-Family.Com ) The rear end and brakes are going to my next project car which is a 1923 Model T. So unless the parts are to be used on my project cars they will end up for sale. Currently sales are all CONUS only and I will not be shipping overseas.

I am not really looking to trade for anything either except maybe a set of roller rockers and springs that will work in the motor.

In this sale there will be

NO MOTOR,
NO TRANSMISSION,
NO DRIVE SHAFT,
NO FUEL PUMP (WENT OUT),
NO REAR END,
NO REAR BRAKES,
NO AC COMPRESSOR OR BRACKET,
NO CARPET

Here are pictures of the car before I pulled it into the garage. This is around the time the fuel pump died so it never hit the road after that. So this is mostly how it sits today.

Interior.... Yes, it has one. But this 28 year old car has probably spent most of it's life out side in the sun. It did not have that great of an interior when I got the car back in 2004. So things like seats have good foam and brackets and such but the covers are coming apart. If there is something from the interior you really need then let me know and I can take a picture of it and we can talk a price. Before anyone ask, I do still have the gauge cluster and when I drove the car last time about 9 or 10 months ago none of the elements were out and it had good lighting. I just don't know what they are worth.

First on the chopping block are the four (4) 10 spoke Z06 Tires and Wheels. Fronts are 17" rims and rears are 18". I don't think there is any road rash on the rims but I will take a better look at them when I get home tonight. I will also post the sizes of the tires. I think the fronts are 225/40 R17s but I don't know that 100% right now. I will post more details and photos when I can.

Z06 Rims and Tires $500.00 + Shipping

Next is the hood. The Vette has never been wrecked that I know of and the hood has no cracks in the glass. It does have some issues with the GelCoat popping off on the drivers side as you will see from the photos below. I am not sure what caused the issue and it is limited to that area. This does not include the headlights or the under hood lights or the prop. It is currently also a local only sale as it would take quite a bit of work to get the hood shipped. So if you are in the Dallas\Ft. Worth area then let me know. I am going to price the hood at $350.00 but we can work on that if you think it is too much, but I think that is fair.

1989 Stock Hood $350.00 (Local Only, No Shipping)

Corvette Bumper Filler (Where the front tag should go) $40.00 + Shipping

Air Pump Delete Pulley $50.00 + Shipping

Tim Sapp
Frisco, TX

Last edited by RocketSapp; 07-28-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added Car Photos
Old 07-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Mike Kamholz
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have the sport seats??
Old 07-28-2017, 03:22 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Tell me about the Targa please.

Also, the big piece of plastic trim across the back of the hatch area. Are Rev Lights and rear corner lights like the earlier ones?
Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Do not laugh at me for the Air Foil on the throttle body. It was on there when I bought the car and I never removed it. So if you buy the throttle body I'll toss that in for free. :-)

Throttle Body (Stock) $150.00 + Shipping

Throttle Body (Stock) $150.00 + Shipping

The TPI below does not include the Throttle Body.

TPI Intake Upper Plenum, Runners, and Manifold $200.00 + Shipping

TPI Intake Upper Plenum, Runners, and Manifold $200.00 + Shipping

The long tube headers I had on the car are silver and some surface rust is starting to show up.

Headman Long Tube Headers $75.00 + Shipping

Headman Long Tube Headers $75.00 + Shipping

The exhaust system below does NOT include the electric cut outs. This is also a local only sale as it would be hard to ship as they are LONG! It is a welded unit and everything is together from the header mount all the way back to the mufflers. I will post more photos once I get them from under the car.

Custom Exhaust 3" Diameter with Random Tech Cats, dumps and Flowmaster Delta 40s $275.00 (Local Only)

Custom Exhaust 3" Diameter with Random Tech Cats, dumps and Flowmaster Delta 40s $275.00 (Local Only)

Someone asked about the seats so here is a picture of the seats. As you can just about see from the picture the passenger seat has a rip in it. As you will see from this photo the interior is quite rough. The previous owner fancied himself a wood worker and tried to replace and varnish all of the panels and did a poor job.

Tim Sapp

Last edited by RocketSapp; 07-28-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:31 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by confab

Also, the big piece of plastic trim across the back of the hatch area. Are Rev Lights and rear corner lights like the earlier ones?
Confab,

I will have to look at the trim after I get home. As for the lights, go back and look at the original post. I did an edit and added a couple photos of the car which show the lights and body panels.

Tim Sapp
Old 07-28-2017, 03:34 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by confab
Sorry, forgot to reply about the Targa top. It is a glass top and the glass has been spider webbed. Can't really see through it but it holds together.

Tim
Old 07-28-2017, 03:35 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike Kamholz
Do you have the sport seats??
Mike,

I put a photo of the seats in the second post of mine in this thread.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:14 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketSapp
Confab,

I will have to look at the trim after I get home. As for the lights, go back and look at the original post. I did an edit and added a couple photos of the car which show the lights and body panels.

Tim Sapp
Thanks, Tim. It says the corner lights are different. But if you would take a look at that piece of trim and the backup lights for me, I would appreciate it.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:35 PM
gregs86
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am interested in the gage cluster
Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 PM
AJRSVET
Navigator

PM Sent
Old 07-28-2017, 08:23 PM
EA-vette
Intermediate

I'd also be interested in the Speedo/Tach cluster if it's still available. As to price I can get mine rebuilt for around $220, thus the unit and shipping would need to be under that for me to purchase.
I'd also be interested in the C68 or environmental control head.

If you like, we can negotiate via private message. eayers007@gmail.com

Thanks for this opportunity!!
Old 07-28-2017, 09:50 PM
89C4L98
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking for digital climate control and front Bose amps from each door
Old 07-28-2017, 11:06 PM
89dd
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 46 Posts

Looking for the pigtail connector on the brake master cylinder pressure switch.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:57 PM
Mike Kamholz
Racer

Mike,

I put a photo of the seats in the second post of mine in this thread.
Ok cool I was looking for the seat switches
Old 07-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Zoldier
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested in the air pump delete and bumper filler. Let me know how much shipped to 32720.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:41 PM
EA-vette
Intermediate

I'd take the passenger side courtesy light (assembly if you like).
Old 07-29-2017, 06:18 PM
Marksgotavette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sent PM about speakers. - Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Parting out 1989 Corvette

Old 07-30-2017, 02:14 AM
Mike Kamholz
Racer

Sun visors?? Pics??
Old 07-30-2017, 04:22 PM
scannmann
Intermediate

Default computer available?

Long time no see to everyone here. I recently (yesterday) sold my 1976 Vette and am now parting out my 1989 Vette. As far as I know the car has never been wrecked and she has driven true since I bought it back in 2004. I am pulling the motor and transmission for my current project car which is a Factory Five 1933 Ford Hot Rod. ( HTTP://HotRod.Sapp-Family.Com ) The rear end and brakes are going to my next project car which is a 1923 Model T. So unless the parts are to be used on my project cars they will end up for sale. Currently sales are all CONUS only and I will not be shipping overseas.

I am not really looking to trade for anything either except maybe a set of roller rockers and springs that will work in the motor.

In this sale there will be

NO MOTOR,
NO TRANSMISSION,
NO DRIVE SHAFT,
NO FUEL PUMP (WENT OUT),
NO REAR END,
NO REAR BRAKES,
NO AC COMPRESSOR OR BRACKET,
NO CARPET

Here are pictures of the car before I pulled it into the garage. This is around the time the fuel pump died so it never hit the road after that. So this is mostly how it sits today.

Interior.... Yes, it has one. But this 28 year old car has probably spent most of it's life out side in the sun. It did not have that great of an interior when I got the car back in 2004. So things like seats have good foam and brackets and such but the covers are coming apart. If there is something from the interior you really need then let me know and I can take a picture of it and we can talk a price. Before anyone ask, I do still have the gauge cluster and when I drove the car last time about 9 or 10 months ago none of the elements were out and it had good lighting. I just don't know what they are worth.

First on the chopping block are the four (4) 10 spoke Z06 Tires and Wheels. Fronts are 17" rims and rears are 18". I don't think there is any road rash on the rims but I will take a better look at them when I get home tonight. I will also post the sizes of the tires. I think the fronts are 225/40 R17s but I don't know that 100% right now. I will post more details and photos when I can.

Next is the hood. The Vette has never been wrecked that I know of and the hood has no cracks in the glass. It does have some issues with the GelCoat popping off on the drivers side as you will see from the photos below. I am not sure what caused the issue and it is limited to that area. This does not include the headlights or the under hood lights or the prop. It is currently also a local only sale as it would take quite a bit of work to get the hood shipped. So if you are in the Dallas\Ft. Worth area then let me know. I am going to price the hood at $350.00 but we can work on that if you think it is too much, but I think that is fair.

Tim Sapp
Frisco, TX
I'm interested in the ECM. PM sent
Old 07-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Mjet67
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Interested in the left (Driver side) headlight lid? looks to be in good shape?

Let me know how much?

thanks
The following users liked this post:
Zoldier (08-15-2017)

Quick Reply: FS: Parting out 1989 Corvette