WTB (Want To Buy) C4 Z51 Parts - Springs and Roll Bars. - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: C4 Z51 Parts - Springs and Roll Bars.

Reply

 
 
 
Old 02-15-2018, 09:21 PM
  #1  
sgtcongo
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default C4 Z51 Parts - Springs and Roll Bars.

Looking for z51 spring and sway bars I have a 1990 C4 Would be willing to Trade parts for Non-Z51 Sway bars & Springs.
sgtcongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:16 AM
  #2  
indianavette
CF Senior Member
 
indianavette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Shelbyville IN
Posts: 847
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sgtcongo View Post
Looking for z51 spring and sway bars I have a 1990 C4 Would be willing to Trade parts for Non-Z51 Sway bars & Springs.
If you're still looking, my files show an FHB front spring and an NYU rear as Z51 pieces. Will check later today, but I think I have both. $100 for the FHB, $150 for the NYU. Plus shipping.
indianavette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:29 PM
  #3  
sgtcongo
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi I am intrested did you get my PM? Wondering about Shipping to 55810. And if you have the roll bars?
sgtcongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:58 PM
  #4  
phrogs
CF Senior Member
 
phrogs's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: kalamazoo MI
Posts: 11,827
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have some front and rear roll bars that are off of a couple 90-91 ZR-1s I parted out.


I'm not sure if they are the same as a Z51 I can't remember.

but I can get them out measure them and let you know what size they are.
phrogs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:36 PM
  #5  
Fauxari08
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 476
Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Default ....

Originally Posted by phrogs View Post
I have some front and rear roll bars that are off of a couple 90-91 ZR-1s I parted out.


I'm not sure if they are the same as a Z51 I can't remember.

but I can get them out measure them and let you know what size they are.
HI PHROGS ,FRONT 90-91 ZR1 HAVE A 26MM HOLLOW(TUBULAR) AND A 26MM SOLID REAR. THE REAR IS FAIRLY SOUGHT AFTER , IS BIGGER THAN THE Z51 AND Z07 WHICH I BELIEVE ARE BOTH 24MM . EXCEPT 1991 Z07 HAD A 26MM SOLID REAR .


Last edited by Fauxari08; 02-22-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Fauxari08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:01 PM
  #6  
phrogs
CF Senior Member
 
phrogs's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: kalamazoo MI
Posts: 11,827
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fauxari08 View Post
HI PHROGS ,FRONT 90-91 ZR1 HAVE A 26MM HOLLOW(TUBULAR) AND A 26MM SOLID REAR. THE REAR IS FAIRLY SOUGHT AFTER , IS BIGGER THAN THE Z51 AND Z07 WHICH I BELIEVE ARE BOTH 24MM . EXCEPT 1991 Z07 HAD A 26MM SOLID REAR .



Well i measured the 2 sets of sway bars I have in my stash both taken off of ZR-1s I have parted. As well as the ones on my 90 ZR-1.

All 3 are 26mm front and 24mm rear. They feel pretty solid to me and not hollow at all.
phrogs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:48 PM
  #7  
Fauxari08
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 476
Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by phrogs View Post
Well i measured the 2 sets of sway bars I have in my stash both taken off of ZR-1s I have parted. As well as the ones on my 90 ZR-1.

All 3 are 26mm front and 24mm rear. They feel pretty solid to me and not hollow at all.
fronts are tubular. look it up. as for 24 mm never heard of that being used on a ZR! . but hey you measure it. good luck hopefully he buys them.
Fauxari08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:06 PM
  #8  
Fauxari08
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 476
Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fauxari08 View Post
fronts are tubular. look it up. as for 24 mm never heard of that being used on a ZR! . but hey you measure it. good luck hopefully he buys them.


this is the specs so we are on same page i'm not into he said she said.


https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...usp_chart.html

i have parted 3 Z's and over 40 vettes over years. own a an extremely RARE c4 and have dealt with vette owners from old turds to concourse level. when i put my 2 cents in its passion not ignorance, nothing like hands on experience and selling thousands of parts. this chart is to show that i am correct as i have researched c4 vettes above and beyond it's a living not a hobby in my eyes.

Last edited by Fauxari08; 02-23-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Fauxari08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:41 AM
  #9  
phrogs
CF Senior Member
 
phrogs's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: kalamazoo MI
Posts: 11,827
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I love to know how I'm measuring these rear sway bars incorrectly.

Got a part number handy ? As these rears have a part number.
The fronts have X220 stamped in them.

And I have only ever parted out ZR-1s 2 90s and a 91. I highly doubt all three were swapped so maybe I'm measuring them wrong.

Because I'd love it if they were sought-after 26 mm I'd like to sell em.

Last edited by phrogs; 02-25-2018 at 03:48 AM.
phrogs is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: C4 Z51 Parts - Springs and Roll Bars.


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.