Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

C4 Odometer

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:08 PM
DaddyO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Odometer

I'm selling an odometer for a C4. It came off a 1988 vette, so it should work fine with any cars with the early C4 digital dash. Make me a fair offer and I'll stop the ebay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2428842872

[Modified by DaddyO, 10:08 PM 8/19/2003]
Old 08-24-2003, 11:22 AM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: C4 Odometer (DaddyO)

Maybe its just me, but most of the time the odometer doesn't go bad unless someone tampers with it. I have seen the odometer motor go bad (you aren't including it in the auction)

Assuming you have it line up properly, Having an auction for a 51K mile odometer is seems like it may encourage odometer swaping. Ofcourse maybe its just me being negative... Its your odometer and you can do what you want with it and hopefully it will be put to use to replace a broken part not mileage turn back.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
tworottiedogs
Burning Brakes

Default Re: C4 Odometer (dgoodhue)

Mine doesn't work and I did bid on it. I haven't taken it apart to see what is up but the nubers just sit there......
Old 08-25-2003, 07:53 AM
DaddyO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C4 Odometer (tworottiedogs)

The dials on this odometer can be adjusted to correctly match the mileage on your car.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:33 AM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

If the numbers aren't moving, its most likely a bad connection to the circuit board or a bad odometer motor. If you pull you cluster and odometer out, you can manually turn your odometer to see if the mechanical part is jamned.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:56 AM
tworottiedogs
Burning Brakes

Default Re: C4 Odometer (dgoodhue)

Mine move but it is random. They look like they are not hooked up. You hit a bump and a few move one way and the others go the other way. It is now displaying about 8 million and change for milage.....
Old 08-26-2003, 01:47 PM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

Mine move but it is random. They look like they are not hooked up. You hit a bump and a few move one way and the others go the other way. It is now displaying about 8 million and change for milage.....
It sounds like someone has been screwing with it. Their are metal tabs to keep the number aligned, those probably aren't in the groove...

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Odometer

Quick Reply: C4 Odometer