Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Bad deal with Jeff Vette part 2!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 09:57 PM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did a search for 17x11 wheels since I'm looking for some GM/GS and THe original jeff vette listing came up.

"A complete set of Fikse FM5's Rims have been polished and the inner spokes have been painted charcoal. Rims cost 2,800 new from Fikse, polishing and painting is another 400. Asking 2,200 plus shipping."

The subject line did say "GS offset"

Incidentaly,
GM 17x11 GS offsets fit over big Wilwood Superlite calipers even with the flat stock rotors, with an inch of clearence everywhere.

If Jeff didn't know that his wheels had the wrong offset at the time he sold them, and found out credibly after the fact, He should step up and either buy them back or step up and work with Juan to come to a solution that satisfies both of them.

I think Jeff is seriously lacking in integrity to let this issue persist without a credible effort to resolve it.

Evan
Old 12-27-2004, 10:51 AM
loiq
Team Owner

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ighlight=fikse
Old 12-27-2004, 11:24 AM
mike 1985
Burning Brakes

UT OHHH...there's the proof.

I sure hate to say it, but at $2200 plus shipping....i'd have to visit.

Time for a refund, plus shipping.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:38 AM
ToyC4
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

After reading the original post and seeing that the wheels have been taken apart and re-assembled is it possible that the rear "centers" were switched with the front "centers" when they were put back into the "barrels" and this screwed up what actually might have been a GS offset/backspacing? If this is the case all you would have to do is take the wheels apart and switch them back.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
So I propose that Juan and Jeff contact each other(preferably by telephone) and work something out and then tell the story here.

This thread will saty open as long as nobody gets out of line.

I owuld like to hear at least one more reponse from jeff and Juan before I close this.
Jeff's most recent post was early this morning PST:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=977928

Why has he allowed this charade to continue if he's an ethical guy? If it walks like a Duck and talks like a Duck......
Old 12-27-2004, 02:20 PM
kwik_ta
Race Director

Location: St. Peters MO Sometimes you have to prove yourself by doing alot of killing or alot of dying...

Originally Posted by ToyC4
After reading the original post and seeing that the wheels have been taken apart and re-assembled is it possible that the rear "centers" were switched with the front "centers" when they were put back into the "barrels" and this screwed up what actually might have been a GS offset/backspacing? If this is the case all you would have to do is take the wheels apart and switch them back.
Now that is an interesting philosophy!!! Is that a possibility??? I'm not sure if that is really conceivable, but if it something that silly... um... wow.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:27 PM
LPDesRoche
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by fastzr1
Hey Lee.... I'll pay you a visit!
How the hell you been? Haven't seen you around in awhile. Hope all is well with you.

Now, back to the wheel deal.
Yeah yeah....I'll take on you and Frank....
Old 12-27-2004, 04:34 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I really have no interest in getting into this pissing contest.
I don't know all the facts nor do I care to read this long post.

All I know is I have had nothing but good deals with JeffVette.
I just bought a beautiful powder coated cam cover from him.

What were the terms/conditions of the sale and do you have anything in writing? I am not saying who is wrong or right- all i can convey is my experience with JeffVette and I think he is a standup guy.

Let the two of them work it out. The "get on the bandwagon" name bashing gets old
Old 12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by ToyC4
This makes sense to me, but what I want to know is who took the wheels apart, were they done professionally? If not I would not trust them. I think a refund is in order.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:23 AM
ToyC4
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
This makes sense to me, but what I want to know is who took the wheels apart, were they done professionally? If not I would not trust them. I think a refund is in order.

If it were me I would give a refund. Just my $.02
Old 12-28-2004, 07:49 PM
JUAN J SANCHEZ
Burning Brakes

When I spoke to Jeff he said he had them polished by Fikse. There's no way they could have been mixed up during assembly because I cannot come up with the right offsets if I took all the wheels apart.I'm gonna have to buy a pair of barrels and lips(rims) to come up with a front 50mm offset and a 50mm rear offset. The rears have a 69mm offset 8.5" backspacing and the fronts have 75mm offset 8" backspacing these offsets should be more like 55mm Rrs and 50mm Fts give or take a few, that's a 19mm 3/4" difference the fronts look awful! I will post a notice in the ZR1 section. Again! I don't want to bash anyone and I trust about 99% of the people on this forum, but Jeff's gotta stand-up and atleast reply!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:06 PM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

I have no idea what happened here and I am not going to guess. I have had a few dealings with Jeff and I can tell you he is a stand up guy. When I was having a problem with what I thought was the coil packs on my car, he offered and sent me a set of SD coils for my car and sent them without prior payment (no jeff I didn't forget and I will be sending you a check). I refuse to believe that Jeff knowingly sold you the wrong product.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:54 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by 90 Corvette ZR-1
I have no idea what happened here and I am not going to guess. I have had a few dealings with Jeff and I can tell you he is a stand up guy. When I was having a problem with what I thought was the coil packs on my car, he offered and sent me a set of SD coils for my car and sent them without prior payment (no jeff I didn't forget and I will be sending you a check). I refuse to believe that Jeff knowingly sold you the wrong product.
You can refuse to believe all you want, but he's not "standing up" now is he? Being a true "stand up" kind of guy means that one will deal with confontations. He's simply ignoring the bashing he's getting on this thread and offering nothing to remedy the problem. With several pages and only one response from Jeff, I don't see how anybody can feel that he's being a "stand up" kind of guy. If he is, he should certainly stand up to this thread, right? It sounds like your dealings with him were at a much lower price. Maybe there's a price tag on what he'll stand up for? Perhaps if you're willing to spend enough, he'll screw you too. Sure he may refund your $200.00, but you would apparently be out of luck on $2000.00. If his intentions were honorable, they would have been addressed long ago. Jeff, if you're in any way offended buy this post, give Juan his money back and I'll be the first to make a public apology to you.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:28 PM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

I will stand by my statements till I know what really happened.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I will stand by my statements till I know what really happened.
I have to agree with this. The story has been told so many times, I don't even know which one would be correct.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:32 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JUAN J SANCHEZ
When I spoke to Jeff he said he had them polished by Fikse.
Jeff told this to me as well. I spoke with Jeff about buying these wheels way back when he had them for sale - he indicated to me that they had the GS offset, and he just had them refurbished by Fikse, only to find that they won't fit over his Brembo calipers. He also indicated to me the amount of money he had in them, which was much more than the asking price. This offset sounds really weird - if so, why wouldn't Fikse have indicated so? They know what the wheel was designed for, I assume. Seems like Jeff didn't realize the offset was off, and obviously neither did Juan, or he would have promptly shipped them straight back upon opening the box when he received them.

This is a crappy deal for Juan. I encountered something similar when I bought amolds for my Z that were advertised as perfect for my Z - but were a GS offset - looked like azz in the rear! What did I end up doing? I bought a new set of chrome amolds for the rear! It was a cash deal, and I knew what would result: Caveat Emptor!

I have had good dealings with Jeff over the forum. He has sent parts to me without mention of payment. I sent payment after recieving the parts. And the parts were 'as advertized'. Hopefully both parties can work this out!
Old 12-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Quasar Z
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Does it really matter whether or not Jeff knew that the wheels had the wrong offset when he sold them? They were advertised by Jeff as GS offset and sold as GS offset. They are obviously not GS offset! The bottom line is that Juan paid a lot of money for wheels that were advertised as something that they are not. And now he is being told to pound salt without any real good explanation from the seller. In this case, the seller now knows that the wheels he sold are not what he advertised. It seems to me it should be the sellers responsibility to at least make an attempt to resolve this situation for the buyer. Seems fairly simple to me, but maybe I am living in an idealistic world!

Get notified of new replies

To Bad deal with Jeff Vette part 2!

Old 12-29-2004, 03:26 AM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by QuasarZ
Does it really matter whether or not Jeff knew that the wheels had the wrong offset when he sold them? They were advertised by Jeff as GS offset and sold as GS offset. They are obviously not GS offset! The bottom line is that Juan paid a lot of money for wheels that were advertised as something that they are not. And now he is being told to pound salt without any real good explanation from the seller. In this case, the seller now knows that the wheels he sold are not what he advertised. It seems to me it should be the sellers responsibility to at least make an attempt to resolve this situation for the buyer. Seems fairly simple to me, but maybe I am living in an idealistic world!
Glad to know you are/were inside the parties heads so well. Since you are, maybe you can tell me where the rims were purchased from by Jeff?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Quasar Z
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Not in any heads, just applying common sense to simplfy this. If you had bought these wheels how happy would you be right now? And who cares where the rims were purchased by Jeff, the bottom line is he sold them as GS offset and they are not. Why is this hard to comprehend?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:38 AM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

Im not getting into this with you. I've said my piece and now /my involvement with this thread

Quick Reply: Bad deal with Jeff Vette part 2!