C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

need help with stalling problem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:01 AM
johnnyzvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need help with stalling problem...

I have a 92 w/A4 , two days ago on my way home from work my car started hesitating on acceleration, the next day it drove fine to work but on my way home it stalled on me and I had to crank it several times before it started again and I also had to floor the gas pedal for it to start. The car is not throwing any codes ....has anyone ever had this problem or does anyone know where I should start looking. I'm leaning towards a fuel problem but not sure.Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:35 PM
rick lambert
Le Mans Master

Consider this a bump. How old are the fuel pump and filter? Then I'd check the fuel pressure, watch and see if it bleeds down, cause holding the pedal down to start it sounds like it's flooding-maybe leaky injectors-the leak down should tell you if that's the problem.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:38 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I would start with fuel.

What is the maintenance history like on this car? Mileage? When was the last tune up? Opti fresh?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:56 PM
johnnyzvette
Racer

My car has 97k miles, I,ve owned it for only about a year and a half so I don't know much about the history except that the previous owner seemed like he kept up with regular maintenance, he gave me receipts of all the work done since he owned it (he was the second owner) as far as I can tell, the fuel pump and opti are original, the waterpump was replaced but no mention of the opti....kinda wish he would've done that when he had the waterpump off....I changed the fuel filter about a year ago. I will check the fuel pressure this weekend when my friend comes over with his gauge....the funny thing is, it drove fine all day yesterday!...the day before I added a bottle of gas treatment to the tank....maybe I just got bad gas... Anyway, thanks for the help Rick and Bogus......

Get notified of new replies

To need help with stalling problem...

Quick Reply: need help with stalling problem...