C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

service engine soon - 3 codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
vetteweiser
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'13- '14
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default service engine soon - 3 codes

The lights been coming on after about 30 minutes of driving. At first, all I had was a code 23. Today I got a code 72 and 74. Car seems to be running fine also, though the exhaust does smell a bit rich (yet I'm getting great gas mileage (17.8 in the city and I have a lead foot))

btw, its a 93 LT1 Auto with 145K miles.

Any clue what these codes are and possible fixes? Only thing I've changed recently was the air filter. I put in an open lid and the new filter was a hell of a lot cleaner than my old one (both are K&N's)
Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
art1217
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteweiser
The lights been coming on after about 30 minutes of driving. At first, all I had was a code 23. Today I got a code 72 and 74. Car seems to be running fine also, though the exhaust does smell a bit rich (yet I'm getting great gas mileage (17.8 in the city and I have a lead foot))

btw, its a 93 LT1 Auto with 145K miles.

Any clue what these codes are and possible fixes? Only thing I've changed recently was the air filter. I put in an open lid and the new filter was a hell of a lot cleaner than my old one (both are K&N's)
Are these ECM codes? Assuming ECM codes
ECM code 23 is Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor (Low Temperature Indicated) Sensor is reading Air Temp below 35 degrees C
ECM code 72 Gear Selector Switch circuit
ECM code 74 Does not exist in my 93 service manual.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:30 AM
rick lambert
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be wise to invest in the Helms service manuals.For every code thrown it gives a trouble shooting flow chart on how to identify which component is causing the err code. It's alot better than just throwing $$$ at it. Maybe one of the guys with a manual for your specific year can help you out.

Get notified of new replies

To service engine soon - 3 codes

Quick Reply: service engine soon - 3 codes