C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Tomorrow I start the

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 09:57 PM
waynesTPI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tomorrow I start the

tear down on the 89. Mostly to renew the intake gaskets and a good general cleaning. I'll also be sending out the injectors for a cleaning. Basically following the good advice I got from this thread.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...le&forum_id=48

I did check and the ECM has an Ed Wright chip. Now that I've laid the ground work there is one more question which has been confusing me for the couple of years I've been running this car. Sometimes when after a good run on the parkway, as I'm slowing down on the exit ramp it will stall.It will instantly restart in neutral while I'm still rolling. It's an auto and doesn't do it that often and I have no codes stored. If I watch the tach and start seeing the RPM drop to low I apply a little throttle (while braking) and it wont stall then. If I can do that and keep it from stalling I tend to think it"s not the convertor staying locked up? Sorry for the long post.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:30 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like the IAC isn't re-acting fast enough to keep the engine running. While you're at it, remove the IAC and throttle body and clean off the accumulation of carbon that gets built up.

The backside of the throttle body butterflies is where you'll find a build-up and the pintel and spring on the pintel of the IAC is the other spot.

Spray carb cleaner and an old toothbrush will do the trick.

Jake

Quick Reply: Tomorrow I start the