C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1990 Climate Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 11:13 AM
gregfloyd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Climate Control Problems

I have a 1990 with Electronic Climate Controls. Yesterday I started it up...set the temp on 60 and the control on recirc ...the air was coming out of all three places...the dash vents....the defroster vents and the foot vents.... and it would seem to vary in intensity like the mix was changing with engine load....the more load the less it would blow out of the dash vents but at light load it would blow more throught the dash vents....any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Greg
Old 08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Greg,

There is a vacuum valve located at the rear of the engine, at the top, next to the oil sender, this valve is bad and causing the problem with your AC
Old 08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
gregfloyd
Instructor

Cool beans

Thanks for the reply any idea what that little monster is called...and i assume that is it is a dealer Item? or could i be so lucky as it to be something that i could get at autozone?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 PM
gregfloyd
Instructor

VetteMike you were dead on the money man!

The little guy is called a 2 port check valve Napa part # 730-1348 $2.85 from the local Napa store. While invetigating I replaced about 20 feet of rotten vaccum line as well and not only does my AC behave correctly but the rpm surge at cruise i have been experiencing is now gone as well. 12 bucks and 2 hours well spent today......... Thanks once again

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 Climate Control Problems

Quick Reply: 1990 Climate Control Problems