C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Got some REALLY bad dyno results..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:47 PM
TOO_HOTTVETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Alvin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

Ok, time to take the high road and let some certain people continue on making themselves look like an a$$.

For those who don't know, this site is got a ignore feature.. With it you don't even know the annoyance is posting in your thread.... Pretty neat feature!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:55 PM
drvn2fast
Melting Slicks

Old 09-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Alvin
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

From post #164

Originally Posted by Alvin
Thanks, it prehaps could be in the tuning.. it could be in the way he was dynoing in 5th though.. there are quite a few adders based on MPH in many models i've seen.. just because tunercat doesn't have it listed doesn't mean they aren't there.

I would say this to the thread poster.. Capture some data.. data logging cables are a dime a dozen nowadays.. Prehaps theres some reasonance problems throwing some crazy knock retard in or something.. If thats not a option.. take it to a dyno and make sure the pulls are done in your 1:1 gear.. and make sure the car has PLENTY of gas when you go to dyno.

One way or the other keep me and Bryan (your tuner) in the loop as to whats going on so we can help.
JB66...

You may also want to get a LT4 knock module as they are a nice improvement over the picky stock module. Let us know how it does and keep us in the loop.

If you can get someone to datalog it for you that would truely be ideal. Then we can see what the computer is doing at this magic 4500rpm moment. Datalogging cables are cheap nowadays at aldlcable.com and the software is free to use for 20 runs.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:17 PM
JB666
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Alvin
From post #164

JB66...

You may also want to get a LT4 knock module as they are a nice improvement over the picky stock module. Let us know how it does and keep us in the loop.

If you can get someone to datalog it for you that would truely be ideal. Then we can see what the computer is doing at this magic 4500rpm moment. Datalogging cables are cheap nowadays at aldlcable.com and the software is free to use for 20 runs.
I should have commented on this earlier. I put an LT4 KM in last Fall - Long before the motor was done.

I honestly meant to order the cable several weeks ago - Thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Upstate
Safety Car

Location: [Quote=WOEII] Is dried brown doodie powders man! [/Quote]

My appologies to the original poster of this thread

I am sorry your thread got drug down and I hope you get your issue straightened out.

Alvin:

As a suporting tuner you pay to be here and I can understand you want to defend your position as it's your profession and a revenue stream. You would be much better off not acknowledging Jesse's comments. I will say I have seen your attitude and approach change for the better when these threads arise and you deserve a and a

Jesse:

Offer something constructive to the posters problem. You may have and I might have missed it. It's hard to read your posts when the dyno issue comes up because we all know what you're going to say and I think that reduces your credibility. Many members could post on your behalf because we've all heard it a million tmes before.

I can fully understand your position and your logic, and understand completely what you're trying to say, but your approach isn't working. I think it would just be much easier to say bring it out for a run and see what she does. Log as much info as you can and bring us back some data so we can further attempt to get to the root cause of your issue. Maybe the dyno operator was smoking a fat blunt in the bathroom before he came out and ran your car, who knows?

My point being, you attract more flies with honey. Leave the argument at home, and offer your advice to solve the problem. You don't run a 10.3 and take the short bus to work. Stop the arguements, and offer some help.

I've been typing this post for half an hour so hopefully it didn't end up out of place, or worse, locked.

Worse comes to worse, you guys can bust out the rulers and calipers and post your results
Old 09-22-2005, 11:11 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Upstate
You don't run a 10.3 and take the short bus to work.
Now that there's funny, scuzze me Lord, I apologize
Old 09-23-2005, 04:10 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ski_dwn_it
The way I have been trying to help this gentleman is telling him to get another method of measuring what is going on. And by his last post things are starting look like the dyno results were totally bogus from his "real world test". So perhaps old ski is not such and idiot afterall

So JB said he was going 20 mph beside a 01WS6 and they both accelerated to about 80 mph and he was ahead by about 4-5 car lengths.
You call this a real world test?
How do you know who accelerated first?
Is the WS6 stock?
Seems like a lot of variables to me to even consider this as a test.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:05 AM
JB666
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop
So JB said he was going 20 mph beside a 01WS6 and they both accelerated to about 80 mph and he was ahead by about 4-5 car lengths.
You call this a real world test?
How do you know who accelerated first?
Is the WS6 stock?
Seems like a lot of variables to me to even consider this as a test.
Good Lord.

It was a CHANGE OF pace for this thread, and trying to get back on subject. The TA is bone stock, except the exhaust and a K&N, so he should have been right where he was. The only point I was trying to make was if my #'s were as bad as the chart indicated, he'd have been pulling away from me.

I know we accellerated even because we both launced at the exact same time.

Thanks though, for your valuable input
Old 09-23-2005, 08:28 AM
BlackC6LS3
Melting Slicks

JB666 - do you have a time slip from that run?
Old 09-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ski_dwn_it
But I guess its ok for you to brag about your achievement and Nathan and other to post thier triumps, but its not ok for me to post a time slip or a video right?
The only person who consistently brags about anything is you and your
"I've got a 10 second car so I must be right." There isn't a single perosn on this thread who is trying to back up their information with their "personal triumphs" other than you. You can't argue the valid points that are brought up so you always go back to "well I run in the 10's, I must be right."

With enough time and money even a drunken monkey can build a fast car.

Up until I posted here and got you guys off the "guessing" what was wrong and questioned the way the dyno was done; it was you found out the idiot operator of the dyno did not have the car in the right gear
That's the best one yet Jesse. You didn't stop any "guessing," in fact all you've done is brought this thread down. Up until I posted the correct dyno graph there was a lot of guessing because people were having a hard time visualizing what he was trying to say. As soon as that graph was posted it got serious and everybody started thinking about legitimate problems and they have been DISCUSSED in a logical manner. There is not a single person here telling him to go replace parts without trying to get MORE INFORMATION. You're the one who is throwing all the current information out the window as garbage. Everybody else is looking at what we have and telling him what else we need to diagnose the problem or determine if there is one at all.

At this point everybody in this thread is fairly confident that there is a problem but we're not going to offer more advice until he gets MORE INFORMATION. You on the other hand just decided to disregard everything because you don't like the way the data was obtained and go directly to the idea that because you don't like the data, it MUST BE FALSE.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, GET OVER YOURSELF.

You'll also notice that people had suggested that he verify his dyno information with some track data well before you posted on this thread. Since the only "information" you brought to this thread had already been mentioned it seems like you just came here looking for a fight and are now suprised that you got it.

Last edited by Nathan Plemons; 09-23-2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:00 AM
neat
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Here's a thought. What gears do you have in the car? A higher gear ratio (2.59, 3.23, etc...) would have the tires going well over 130 MPH at 4600 in 5th gear.

My old LS1 TA had a speed limiter at 155 MPH. I doubt your corvette has one, but maybe you maxed out the MPH and tapped the speed limiter (if it exsists) at 4600?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The vette doesn't have a speed limiter from the factory. You can set one but somebody would have had to have messed with it. Also it would manifest itself in dropped fuel and the engine would not have rev'd above that point, the graph would have just went to that point and stopped.

Quick Reply: Got some REALLY bad dyno results..