C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT Headers and cats

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 04:46 PM
jsaunde2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LT Headers and cats

Most of you are probably familiar with my thread on heads and cam, this is the next part.

The next question is what to do for exhaust. I am thinking than the way I would like to go is longtubes, highflow cats, and maybe Power Effects mufflers.

I would like my car to still sound like it has b :eek: lls, not have bad resonance, and keep some form of catalytic converters.

I currently have cats and the resonator only and like the sound but am really getting tired of the resonance.

The problem I see with PE is that they are not 3" pipe. I would really prefer 3" pipe but that seems to mean a crapshoot on which mufflers will sound good.

The big question is, Is there room to mount the cats after the LT's?

Thanks!

Jason
Old 08-03-2001, 07:26 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: LT Headers and cats (jsaunde2)

No problem with a 6M car, you've got lots of room.
Someone here on the forum has posted photo of long tubes and random cats. I would also go with the 3" catback. I've got the SLP system with mufflers and resonator. It sounds great.

Quick Reply: LT Headers and cats