C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Triple Take Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 11:54 PM
claybama red 94 LT1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple Take Air Intake

I'm looking for a way to ease the air flow into my LT-1. A "normal" K&N with a cut or open lid will help, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this Triple Take Air Intake I saw in the Mid America catalog. It's basically an intake split into 3 pipes with K&N cone filters on the end. Is this going to be better than a normal flat K&N and open lid or is just spending additional $'s for looks - it's $249 - I have to admit it looks pretty sharp. Opinions or experience please... :cool:

[Modified by claybama red 94 LT1, 9:54 PM 8/4/2001]
Old 08-05-2001, 07:51 PM
claybama red 94 LT1
Advanced

Default Re: Triple Take Air Intake (claybama red 94 LT1)

Oh well, lots of "lookers" but no "takers"....ttt :confused:
Old 08-05-2001, 08:36 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

you can get all the airflow you need with just an opened up air lid and a k&n replacement filter.. but the k&n whole intake piece is probably nicely engineered as most of their stuff is.. remember, you always get what you pay for (relatively speaking).. if you just want performance, hack open your stock lid and put in a filter.. or buy the open air lid replacement for like 50 bucks.. can't remember how much but it's also in mid america catalog.. if you want performance and a clean look, go for the triple intake setup
myself, i'm all about performance and saving money for other mods..
Old 08-05-2001, 11:38 PM
A
Melting Slicks

If your LT1 is so hungry for air that it needs 3 K&N cones then I'd be scared to drive your car! :eek:

I say it's a complete waste of money and it looks ridiculous IMHO...
I'd just go with a normal K&N panel...
Old 08-06-2001, 02:40 PM
YLO Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 66 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The "Triple Take" is actually the Cold Air Induction unit manufactured and sold by SLP, Street Legal Performance. They sell it for $239 and sometimes its in sale for $209. That's when I got mine. Go to http://www.slpeng.com . I don't think there's too much performance gain here (maybe 1-2 hp), but I agree -- it does look sharp under the hood!
Old 08-06-2001, 02:46 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Claybama,
i ahve the triple intake on mine an i love it!!! you can hear the air sucking when its idling and especially when you are on the gas. i know it has far better access to air then the stock set up and even better then the cut airlid. it has the ability to draw air from a number of places. i have actually just taken a opicture of my engine with it on, i will post it in a sec here!@ good luck, its a pretty addition to the engine compartment! =) ia m going to cut rectangular hole directly underneath each filter so they are not seen from the top but the filters will have direct access to draw air from the front spoiler intake for the radiator. this way at higher speeds it will give it a helping hand finding its way into the ductwork but at idel it won't overly pull air away fromr the radiator! ok, im going to get the picture posted for you, well at least try.

chris
Old 08-06-2001, 03:34 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-06-2001, 06:18 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: Triple Take Air Intake

I have the triple intake and love it! I'm not sure about hp gains but the thing sounds great! :yesnod: They look really cool too. :smash:
Old 08-06-2001, 08:34 PM
claybama red 94 LT1
Advanced

Default Re: Triple Take Air Intake (94vette)

94vette:
Thanks for the link - IMO, this "looks" more like a "performance" part than an open lid does, even if it doesn't add anything more than the open lid does. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Triple Take Air Intake

Quick Reply: Triple Take Air Intake