C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 11:22 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Default Re: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........ (southern_son)

For those of you that have taken exception to my original post, you do understand that I am referring to deleting offensive posts on my own computer, not censuring anyone's ability to post as they wish? It would be nice to be able to glean the wealth of information shared here without having to read the offensive 'little caricature' language that is posted from time to time.

I must say that I am really surprised at the depth of contempt for decency that some have expressed here. :eek:
Old 08-06-2001, 11:35 AM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........ (southern_son)

I must say that I am really surprised at the depth of contempt for decency that some have expressed here. :eek:
Not everyone considers language 'indecent' if it doesn't happen to fit his standards. Maybe it is this value judgement that inspired the depth of response. While I also find the tone of some posts offensive at times, I accept that we don't all think the same, we don't all feel the same at the same time, and we are all in different situations and have different ideas about what is acceptable. This requires a certain amount of flexibility in the way we respond to things in a public forum. Personally I am not offended by any words. They are just letters strung together in a certain way, and they are meant to convery both information and emotion. JMHO.
Old 08-06-2001, 01:13 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

For those of you that have taken exception to my original post, you do understand that I am referring to deleting offensive posts on my own computer, not censuring anyone's ability to post as they wish? It would be nice to be able to glean the wealth of information shared here without having to read the offensive 'little caricature' language that is posted from time to time.
That makes a little more sense now. I don't think you can delete anything on your own computer from this forum, you'll just have to bypass any offensive posts.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:59 PM
SDBOJRAB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't kissing think so...but if I find a kissing way to do that I will let you kissing know.

Mr. kissety kisskiss :bb :D :eek:
Old 08-06-2001, 06:12 PM
Fang S-289
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........ (SDBOJRAB)

Hey! Can't we all just get along? LOL :lol:
Old 08-06-2001, 06:27 PM
85WHITEZ51
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Re: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........ (Mr Mojo)

Come on admit it. You say a curse word every time you work on your car. I.E. change the plug wires, the oil when it is still hot (gets more crud out that way), change brake pads, etc. :D
Old 08-06-2001, 06:58 PM
Shayne
Pro

In this corner we have :blueangel: and in this corner we have :mad
Defending the national heavy language title...ding ding ding...lets get it on.
Old 08-06-2001, 08:13 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........ (Shayne)

I forfiet the round. I just can't hold a candle to some of the guys in this thread. Some here are a great deal better at using foul language and
showing attitude than I will ever be able. I give! Uncle! .... :rolleyes:
Old 08-06-2001, 08:31 PM
Coot
Burning Brakes

Geez, Louise!!! This is possibly the most vehement thread that I've read since coming to this site...I can certainly understand how we can rebel against censorship and the undue influence of minority opinion, since I've noticed a certain lack of some freedoms (read: politically correct environment), and I can agree with that attitude. At the same time, the apparent ferocity of some of the responses makes me wonder...is it only "safe" to post questions and opinions that I think the other participants will agree with??? I've not seen you guys attack someone like this...basically, you raped him of his right to ask a question...[IMHO] This response may not be popular, but it's how I feel. So I guess you can have a go at me, now... Coot
Old 08-06-2001, 09:08 PM
Ed Ut
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........ (93blackc4)

I love everything about this forum; all the technical discussions; complaints; compliments; regrets, etc. etc. etc. If a person isn't comfortable with this forum in its current state then they should go to other sites that are compatible with their beliefs and interests. I get enough preachin on Sundays. That guy should have know that he would get a typical reaction from his dumb post, and that is exactly what he got - a typical reaction from a bunch of vette compadres. :rolleyes:
Old 08-06-2001, 09:14 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I think this thread has picked up steam on a downhill stride! I should have originally posted my question under 'How do I' as Scorp suggested. I
appoligize to my fellow members for misuse of this forum. I believe the answer to my question is that one cannot erase a post from a thread on his own computer. I will strive to use correct protocol in all future posts.

I appreciate the input of those that took the time to understand my original question and did not join in the frenzie of assuming the replies they read had addressed my question correctly before responding themselves. Of course, this is not the first time THAT has happened.

My question is still under 'How do I' if someone has a method to delete.

Old 08-06-2001, 09:32 PM
CE Roadster
Advanced

Well, southern_son I suggest that you get your Corvette information from Corvette Fever or similar magazines. Whining is not the topic here, but information on Corvettes is and that is the reason for this forum.
Old 08-06-2001, 09:40 PM
BobMachus
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Southern Son,
I misinterpreted the thrust of your first post and extend some very sincere apologies for indicting you in some my comments in response to your post. I do feel that there are way to many people in our great country who try to legislate, or in some other manner inflict, their morality on others. I now realize that you were not trying to suggest that the content of this board be changed to fit your standards, but were asking how to change how that content is displayed at your home/office (at least that's what I think you were asking from subsequent posts). Anyways, I am sorry for luimping you with the phenomenon of creeping american facism, and I hope you will accept my apology. Later dood.

Bob
Old 08-06-2001, 10:16 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Umm, excuse me for a moment but I seem to have missed the "foul language" in this thread that "you guys" are so good at using. Ah, perhaps I'm so accustomed to such that I simply didn't notice, or is it merely an inflamitory statement.

The only thing the guys here seem to be rebelling against is the censorship mind set, and perhaps being unjustly accused of using foul language. With the former I fully agree, with the latter I couldn't care less.

Careful when you stir the pot...
Old 08-06-2001, 10:35 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........ (65Z01)

Southern Son,
Had you worded your original post so that a reader would have known that you wanted your computer to not display any foul language, you wouldn't be sitting in so much burning napalm right now. :D :D :D :D
Old 08-06-2001, 10:35 PM
96VegasVette
Safety Car

I think this thread has picked up steam on a downhill stride! I should have originally posted my question under 'How do I' as Scorp suggested. I
appoligize to my fellow members for misuse of this forum. I believe the answer to my question is that one cannot erase a post from a thread on his own computer. I will strive to use correct protocol in all future posts.

I appreciate the input of those that took the time to understand my original question and did not join in the frenzie of assuming the replies they read had addressed my question correctly before responding themselves. Of course, this is not the first time THAT has happened.

My question is still under 'How do I' if someone has a method to delete.

No need for an apology from you.........while I don't personally find the language used on this forum to be foul I do think the overall response to your question was pretty severe.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to delete posts with Foul Language........