C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Suspension slop

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 08:43 PM
DSTJ99
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension slop

Whats a good way to clean up some jingling and looseness that seems to have developed more and more on my car lately. I am mainly feeling that when I hit some bumps when cornering my car jumps all over the road. I have 64K on an LT4 base suspension car. I also replaced the bilsteins with some KYB's in hopes of revalving the bilsteins over the next 6 months. Thanks guys. Would the Z07 GM bars help me here?
Old 08-06-2001, 08:50 PM
h rocks
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Suspension slop (DSTJ99)

If fyou have looseness and "jingling" (is it Christmas already?) then there's something else going on there. The larger sway bars will only magnify the problem. Have you checked the obvious things out yet, like your wheel bearings/hubs? They are the first area I would look at. If you have any noticeable play in the wheels (when jacked up) when you grab the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock, the odds of your wheel bearings being shot are very high. When you check the rears, if you have play at 3 &9 o'clock also, it's highly likely that your toe rods are bad. Look at those first, and if they check out, we can look at some other areas as well.

Quick Reply: Suspension slop