C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hypertech Power Programmer Custom Settings???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 03:30 AM
Shannon1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech Power Programmer Custom Settings???

I've got a 96 with a K&N filter, open air lid, BBK 52mm throttle body, and Ford injectors at 32 pounds PSI right now, and a 160 degree thermostat. Stock tires and a 307 rear end. What kind of setting are you guys using to customize your program. I've got the Hypertech settings right now, and I don't seem to be getting much of a difference.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:50 AM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: Hypertech Power Programmer Custom Settings??? (Shannon1)

When you turn on the Power Programmer, don't install the power tuning. Skip it and go to the custom settings. With the custom settings, you can adjust your rev limiter, install the power tuning, turn the fans on at lower temps, and with an automatic you can adjust the firmness of the shifts and the shift points. Since you have a 160 thermostat, you'll definitely benefit from turning the fans on earlier. Hope this helps!
Old 08-07-2001, 07:54 AM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: Hypertech Power Programmer Custom Settings???

I guess that's not what you were asking. I have mine set to turn the fans on early, I adjusted the rev limiter to 6,600 and installed the power tuning. I actually think the car feels faster. Not much, but it is snappier.

[Modified by Nat96LT4, 5:54 AM 8/7/2001]
Old 08-07-2001, 08:40 AM
nickd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hypertech Power Programmer Custom Settings??? (Nat96LT4)

You stand to benefit more just from turning the fans on earlier than from the Power Tuning program.
The only thing I am using is the fans. I also used the gear ratio when I swapped rear ends.
I think the fact you didn't notice a difference with the Hypertech program is normal.
I realize the timing tables for the LT4 may be different but
I have seen timing tables for a stock LT1 vs Hypertech and they add barely any timing in the lower rpms while actually removing it from the top end. The guys I know who have used the Hypertech power tuning program at the track have had no gain or a loss in et.

Get notified of new replies

To Hypertech Power Programmer Custom Settings???

Quick Reply: Hypertech Power Programmer Custom Settings???