C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

alarm problem

Old 04-02-2006, 08:56 PM
rightofway
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default alarm problem

i have an aftermarket alarm (there when i got it never worked for me)and have been trying to trace all of the wires to see if i can cut it out without disabling the car

i found a couple wires going into the big harness on the left side of the engine spliced into the heavy purple wire in there it then runs into a relay and back into the purple wire

relay has another wire which is near it but not hooked onto it (crimp on spade end)

what is the big purple wire for. can't find it in book

TIA
Old 04-02-2006, 09:09 PM
rick lambert
Le Mans Master

Your after market alarm should be fused-can't you just find the fuse and pull it? It would also help if you could tell us the manufacturers
name of the after market alarm-I have an AVITAL, and I'm very happy with it-no problems after about 4 years, it also has a backup battery,
meaning if you have one you'd need to disconnect it too.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:03 PM
rightofway
Team Owner

the alarm is disabled now but i would rather not have it in my engine compartment as it takes up space and doesn't look good and i don't want a loose end to ground out and mess with the car or drain the battery

brand=Steal Stopper
Model is PS-2 Model 70

the instruction manual i have somebody circled the starter lock out feature in pen and i am worried about this

Last edited by rightofway; 04-02-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:20 PM
rick lambert
Le Mans Master

Your original had the same thing-starter disenable (lock-out), they probably circled it so they could hook up the newer alarm to the same connections. Do you have the FSMs, all you need to do is follow the wiring schematics and disconnect the new alarm at the starter disenable. And jfb, one of our members can describe how you temporarily, or permanently disconnect the vats!

Get notified of new replies

To alarm problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: alarm problem