C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Light: Service Engine Soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM
VolMan
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Light: Service Engine Soon

Greetings:

I am new to a 95 Black Vette with LT1 P engine. Last night while crusing the DIC amber warning light "Service Engine (logo) Soon came on. It stayed on until I reurned home. The Vette rested a few minutes and I drove again without the light appearing. This morning I drove to the Atlanta airport via 85, about 50 miles, and it did not come on.

Advice please. What are the common trigger events for this light to appear? I do weekly commutes for the next two weeks, to and from airport, total 100 for the round trip and then the two weekends. Then, I can get it to a shop (Christian Brothers - Dacula) that I have high very high trust in from work with a BMW, a Cambry, and a Previa, and another Cambry. I do not know of their Vette experience; however.

The temp gauage seems a bit high, about 200. But from past experience that is not "high". Other gauages seem normal. All else seems fine.

I could be incorrect, based on my Vette inexperience, on my gauge conclusions. They will take some getting used to. They do not naturally run as I would expect the them to run.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by VolMan; 06-05-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Under the dash above the drivers right knee is the Diagnostic connector.

Looks like this
[01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08]
[09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16]

With a piece of wire or paper clip short pin 4 to pin 12
Turn the ignition to run (don't start the engine).
Look at the speedometer LCD and write down what you see for the following modules. You should see C12 which indicates the diag. is running then the error codes for the different modules.

1.0 CCM (Central Control module)
4.0 PCM/ECM (Powertrain computer)
9.0 ABS/TCS (Anti lock brakes traction control)
A.0 Derm (Air bags)
Old 06-06-2006, 08:38 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Yup. Get the codes from your engine computer, then holler back at us. If you don't think you can figure out how to do it, take your Vette to AutoZone and they will pull the codes for FREE.

Get notified of new replies

To Light: Service Engine Soon

Quick Reply: Light: Service Engine Soon