C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Siemesed runners

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 12:16 PM
No Ordinary 91
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Siemesed runners

I have heard that on the seimesed runners you can cut the cast wall inside the runners back increasing plenum volume and shortening runner length. Supposidly bumping power up as much as 800 rpms. Is there any truth to this i am looking at upgrading runners and can't decide if i want to go large tube or siemesed. If this would actually work i would prefer to go this route since they are a bit cheaper and look cooler
Old 09-14-2001, 01:51 PM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Siemesed runners (91_Corvette)

You can port the siam.runners fairly much with some porting tools but its a bit o' work.Theres quite a bit of meat on them you can remove and I believe they can be made to flow much better then most or all large tube runners on the market except the SR system.
It cant hurt either...If you havent seen the picture, go to the engine mods on this forum, and theres a topic there with a jpeg you can see..(i made the topic there)its the more extreme porting job to the siam. runner, in which the person cut the back off it and ported everything down in there and will need to re weld.
I imagine it will flow alot when all is done.

Old 09-15-2001, 12:28 AM
88sk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Siemesed runners (91_Corvette)

got alot of siameserunner info from http://www.thirdgen.org its a camaro- firebird site same mods as vettes, do a search.. :eek:

Get notified of new replies

To Siemesed runners

Quick Reply: Siemesed runners